The Sport of Kings & Equine Matters 🐐

[quote=“fenwaypark, post: 879128, member: 276”]KC,
Only want picks for Championship Races. We will leave the novice races for another day.[/quote]
Prob bobsworth for GC
Queen mum - no idea , backed captain Conan v SDG last month and thought he disappointed.
Triumph, whatever Henderson pulls out in late jan !

:mad:

[quote=“Kid Chocolate, post: 879134, member: 553”]Prob bobsworth for GC
Queen mum - no idea , backed captain Conan v SDG last month and thought he disappointed.
Triumph, whatever Henderson pulls out in late jan ![/quote]
Needed the run. Only ran him as an afterthought when Sprinter was a NR.

Geraghty was very keen on him in the morning line no mention of him being under cooked , SDG had the turn of foot and he had nothing. Kinda like his jewson run…smashing looking animal. Champion chasers tend to be “spot table” on pure speed alone and I just don’t see that in him but maybe he’ll improve, wouldn’t have a cc profile to date i think

The Champion Hurdle is between Hurricane Fly and Our Conor. The Christmas Hurdle more or less confirmed that there is zilch between last year’s top novices. I think the Triumph is working out quite well. If Our Conor is not as good as he looked there, then Hurricane Fly will take the world of beating.

Looking forward to golintilla

He is hardly going to say anything else. Dont think it was turn of foot but lack of fitness. Anyway, we wont know till March.

Like the new one, head goes down coming up that hill. His turn of foot off the last in the Neptune off a very fast pace still in mind

Looked more striking against what essentially will turn out to be a bunch of staying chasers. I was rather underwhelmed by his run in Christmas Hurdle. Have put a line through him, MTOY and Jezki as a result. Time will tell whether that is right or wrong.

[quote=“fenwaypark, post: 879118, member: 276”]Picks for Championship Races at this point in time:
Champion Hurdle - Our Conor
Champion Chase - Captain Conan
World Hurdle - More Of That
Gold Cup - Cue Card[/quote]

Capt Conan, seriously?

CH- H Fly
CC- Cue Card
WH- Annie Power
GC- Bobs Worth

Above on assumption that sprinter isn’t there. Tizzard would be foolish to take chance and go for GC if the CC there to be won handy.

Think the Fly might burst a few bubbles tomorrow as well

[quote=“dancarter, post: 879157, member: 122”]Capt Conan, seriously?

CH- H Fly
CC- Cue Card
WH- Annie Power
GC- Bobs Worth

Above on assumption that sprinter isn’t there. Tizzard would be foolish to take chance and go for GC if the CC there to be won handy.

Think the Fly might burst a few bubbles tomorrow as well[/quote]
Cue Card would be of interest in Champion Chase alright DC.

[quote=“dancarter, post: 879157, member: 122”]Capt Conan, seriously?

CH- H Fly
CC- Cue Card
WH- Annie Power
GC- Bobs Worth

Think the Fly might burst a few bubbles tomorrow as well[/quote]
Have a glance at his form from last year over 2m versus 2m4f. His chance is obvious. This assumes no SS.

your drawing lines all over the place there fenners…very little separated macs joy, hardy and brave inca during their time…it may well be they are top class. the 3rd horse the pulles 28l clear of is rated 150

AP is interesting for the WH…dont think she’d be slick enough to win the CH. At Fishers cross clearly has physical issues, if they were cleared up in next 4-5 weeks (he is in ireland now) he’s still a contender…any work on monksland?

Leop 12.55 - Noah Webster looks overpriced at 10s for his handicap debut tomorrow. He looked promising when beating The Doorman in his maiden but disappointed on his next two starts. A return to a lefthanded track may see him in better light as 115 looks a tad lenient.

Leop 2.00 - Hurricane Fly looks nap material at 5-4. Under these conditions he is near unbeatable. Jezki and Our Conor are worthy adversaries and it will be interesting to see how they do against a bona fide Grade 1 machine. I think Our Conor wont be seen at his best until March, but am hoping he puts up a good performance tomorrow.

Leop 3.05 - It’s impossible to oppose Morning Assembly at 5-4. He promises to be even better over this sort of trip. Those looking for some value in the without market could do worse than Mad Brian. I would have him as the main danger to the selection.

sea light and upsie looks a nice double tomorrow

[quote=“Kid Chocolate, post: 879168, member: 553”]your drawing lines all over the place there fenners…very little separated macs joy, hardy and brave inca during their time…it may well be they are top class. the 3rd horse the pulles 28l clear of is rated 150

AP is interesting for the WH…dont think she’d be slick enough to win the CH. At Fishers cross clearly has physical issues, if they were cleared up in next 4-5 weeks (he is in ireland now) he’s still a contender…any work on monksland?[/quote]

Exactly point I’m making. There was no superstar in shape of a Hurricane Fly or potential superstar such as Our Conor at that time.

noel meades star has really fallen hasnt it?

Something shocking altogether. You’d wonder where he’ll be at in 5 years.

i think they are mad running hurricane fly tomorrow…

Why?