The Sport of Kings & Equine Matters šŸ

[SIZE=6]Scope explains Run flop[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]Time For Rupert returned a bad scope following his disappointing comeback run in the Long Walk Hurdle at Ascot on Saturday. [/SIZE]

Having nursed his stable star back to full health after the removal of a growth close to his brain, trainer Paul Webber was initially disappointed with how quickly the nine-year-old faded to finish a well-beaten last of four finishers.

It appears there was a viable excuse, however, with Time For Rupert set to return to chasing on his next start.

Webber said: "Rupert is absolutely fine. We were disappointed as all the pre-race tests we did came up clear, but we scoped him after the race and there was some mucus there.

"He has obviously picked something up at the last minute, which can happen from time to time.

"It happened with Long Run earlier in the season and itā€™s something us trainers have to battle with. I think it explains why he stopped a bit sooner than he should have done. He was fitter than that.

ā€œHopefully, youā€™ll see a better performance in either the Argento Chase at Cheltenham (January 25) or the three-mile chase at Doncaster on the same day (Sky Bet Chase). After that, weā€™ll see if we can persuade the owners to have a look at the Grand National.ā€

TFR is seriously well handicapped. He runs tomorrow off 143, having been a reliable mid 150s horse for most of his career.

grand, heā€™s had a tennis ball removed from behind his ear and is recovering from a virus and you want us to plough in. at least we can see from the picture that he has 3 legs

:mad:

daring article was really fancied to run well in the pp when tipped upā€¦looks good value @14s tomorrowā€¦i bet heā€™ll run a huge raceā€¦also watching minsk carefully as I think heā€™s going to win a che handicap

the mare leah clair will rattle the betfairā€¦16-1

3:55 leop, bother clei @12s ā€¦won recently but the race that catches my eye was the one before that where he was a close 3rd to day dream boy and righville boy both who won readily in fairyhouse during the weekā€¦he might want a bit further but is def ahead of the handicapper (who by the way is an utter kunt)

In the chase, Shrapnel, Glam Gerry and Daring Article all catch my eye at fancy prices.

glam Gerry thinks those big fluffy things in front of him (the fences) are something you run into

Yep, but he was well able to run on from Gloucester in the Byrne Plate a few years back despite jumping shite. His best runs have been around Leopardstown. At 25/1 heā€™s worth a speculative few quid. Having Denis Hogan aboard rather than Danny could work in his favour.

The big hurdle is a puzzler. I usually love this race as thereā€™s normally a couple of sleepers at massive prices. For once this year Iā€™m struggling to look beyond the favourite. Quick Jack is a ridiculous weight. If I was a big punter Iā€™d be classing him as lump on material but Iā€™m not so I wonā€™t be. Sea Light is also a deserved 2nd fav given his weight and record in Leopardstown too.

As mentioned earlier, Flaxen Flare relishes these races but carrying 11st is a tough ask especially for a somewhat inexperienced jockey. I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see him running on at the end though as always and getting a place. However, I donā€™t think Leopardstown brings out the best in him. Iā€™m a Massinis Trap fan too but tomorrow looks too far for him with this mark. For the first time in years I may just not have a bet in the race and take a watching brief.

[quote=ā€œMac, post: 892811, member: 109ā€]The big hurdle is a puzzler. I usually love this race as thereā€™s normally a couple of sleepers at massive prices. For once this year Iā€™m struggling to look beyond the favourite. Quick Jack is a ridiculous weight. If I was a big punter Iā€™d be classing him as lump on material but Iā€™m not so I wonā€™t be. Sea Light is also a deserved 2nd fav given his weight and record in Leopardstown too.

As mentioned earlier, Flaxen Flare relishes these races but carrying 11st is a tough ask especially for a somewhat inexperienced jockey. I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see him running on at the end though as always and getting a place. However, I donā€™t think Leopardstown brings out the best in him. Iā€™m a Massinis Trap fan too but tomorrow looks too far for him with this mark. For the first time in years I may just not have a bet in the race and take a watching brief.[/quote]

Massively competitive. But I told it to ye earlier. Gilgamboa. This horse will be a machine over fences and this hurdle mark might be v lenient. IMVHO

cavalry chargeā€¦go with your own fancy ā€¦iā€™m going with the mare because she was bang there 2 year ago and has def improved, the fav looks a good think but heā€™s got to get thruogh a very very big field, cant see sea light doing it

Sullane Chief also looks a decent price and CW obviously rides him instead of Big Generator.

Fuck it, I can make a case for too many of them!

[quote=ā€œKid Chocolate, post: 892795, member: 553ā€]
.he might want a bit further but is def ahead of the handicapper (who by the way is an utter kunt)[/quote]

Did ye get a mark already for the run during the week?
Yeā€™ll be up to nearly 100 after that.

Fans of Wilde Sapphire will be waiting in anticipation for Sundays races to be priced up. Possibly one of the few times Iā€™ll be siding with Tipp.

I dunno could you back any horse at 3/1 in the Boylesports/Pierse. Itā€™s always an absolute minefield of a race.

Quick Jack is about a stone better than his current mark at least. Youā€™d be as well backing him at 12/1 for the County Hurdle now.

[quote=ā€œTreatyStones, post: 892836, member: 1786ā€]Did ye get a mark already for the run during the week?
Yeā€™ll be up to nearly 100 after that.[/quote]
+3

Not too bad. Could have been worse.