The Sport of Kings & Equine Matters šŸ

I know Iā€™ve a soft spot for him but his form in big runner handicaps is remarkable, even when carrying over 11 stone. He seems to relish big runner fields and it brings out the best in him. Wouldnā€™t be surprised to see another big run from him tomorrow. Would love to see them get Ger Fox aboard if possible.

[quote=ā€œMac, post: 892247, member: 109ā€]Whoā€™s due to ride Flaxen tomorrow?
[/quote]
Davey Oā€™Leary riding, claiming the 7

really looking forward to Mozoltov at the weekendā€¦

[quote=ā€œMac, post: 186806, member: 109ā€]Iā€™d rarely criticise the voice but he does have a tendency to blindly follow a couple of horses rather unsuccessfully. Denny Crane is one that stands out - he usually tips him for nearly every race he runs in Dundalk.
[/quote]
:slight_smile:

Wahey!

the arkle looks like a super race on sunday. very interesting to see how Ted Veale goes

His jumping needs to massively improve

Ted Veale is being aimed at Grand Annual IMHO, was given a spin around prestbury park prior to Christmas.

Think Felix Yonger will win on Sunday and the 16/1 for the Arkle double with Powers is tempting

Wouldnā€™t disagree with that at all.

Looks like Cheltenham is not on Apache Strongholds agenda this year looking at the markets

South South west worth few quid each way 8.15 Dundalkā€¦13/2 Boyles

Few fancies for tomorrow:
1.15 Cheltenham - Annacotty 8-1
2.25 Cheltenham - Harry Topper
3.00 Cheltenham - Aubasson 7-1

2.15 Leopardstown - Mullaghanoe River 7-2
2.50 Leopardstown - Talbot Road 8-1
3.25 Leopardstown - Quick Jack 3-1
3.55 Leopardstown - Nearly Namaā€™d 10-1

12.55 Doncaster - Valdez 7-2
2.40 Doncaster - Racing Pulse 9-2
3.15 Doncaster - Time For Rupert 14-1

Like anacotty, super run the last day

Is Davy Russell suspended?

@fenwaypark
Whats the story with TFR?
Was a huge fan of him. Cost me a ball of money at Cheltenham 2012.

really good weekend racingā€¦
I cant see anything beating rocky creek, I think that hennessy run will turn out to be very goodā€¦
Rathvinen will winā€¦I think he was going to the last dayā€¦
will stick them into lucky 15 with another couple

I think Dan Skelton is getting the hang of Baile Anrai and he looks over proved @ 16/1 in the sky bet chaseā€¦I think iā€™ll chance him as my only bet tomorrow

[quote=ā€œTreatyStones, post: 892750, member: 1786ā€]@fenwaypark
Was a huge fan of him. Cost me a ball of money at Cheltenham 2012.[/quote]
heā€™s well off his winning mark now, down 12lbs form his last chase run , but his recent run was dreadful even allowing for him being off the track

jesus they crippled himā€¦15lbsā€¦no thanks

[quote=ā€œTreatyStones, post: 892750, member: 1786ā€]@fenwaypark
Was a huge fan of him. Cost me a ball of money at Cheltenham 2012.[/quote]
[SIZE=6]Rupert on the mend after op[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]Time For Rupert, one of the standard bearers of Paul Webberā€™s Cropredy Lawn operation, is walking himself back to fitness after successfully coming through major surgery to remove a growth from his head. [/SIZE]
http://www.sportinglife.com/img/sui.gif
The Flemensfirth gelding was found to have a growth ā€œthe size of a tennis ballā€ situated close to the brain that if undetected would probably have caused blindness to the nine-year-old.

Webber and owners the Littlecote Racing Partnership are grateful to vet Justin Perkins at the Royal Veterinary College at Potters Bar for carrying out what has been applauded as a life as well as career-saving operation on the chestnut, who could have the Crabbieā€™s Grand National as his main objective this season.

Webber said: "A scan revealed a growth with tentacles like a squid. It was close to the horseā€™s brain and starting to put pressure on it, while one tentacle was wrapped around the optic nerve.

"No-one knows how long it has been there and if indeed it affected his performances last season, but Justin Perkins carried out the risky operation, removing the lionā€™s share of the growth, and Rupert rejoined us last Saturday.

ā€œHeā€™s had eight days walking and we shall aim him towards the Long Walk Hurdle at Ascot, as there are few options for him over fences at this time of the season. He finds Wetherby a bit sharp.ā€

Webber would like to protect his chargeā€™s mark (152) as best he can, as if the owners agree Time For Rupert will be aimed at the 2014 Grand National, a race both the trainer and jockey Denis Oā€™Regan believe is tailor-made for him.

At his ownersā€™ day yesterday, Webber observed: ā€œThat is the race Denis has been dreaming of from the first day he sat on him. That plan will, however, be subject to approval from his six owners.ā€