The Tennis Thread

Grigor takes the 4th set tie break 7-4. Match clock is at 3 hours 52 with the deciding set to come.

Great to see Grigor playing like this. His back hand is a thing of beauty. Hopefully he can see this match out.

The cardigans are relying on external forces as they don’t have the belief and conviction in their own guy. They are desperate for Dimitrov to do the job they don’t think Federer can.

I give Roger an outstanding chance on Sunday. I do think he’ll have to win it in 3 or at a push 4 short’ish sets though.

Grigor holds from 15-40 down and 5 deuces in a 13 minutes opening game of the 5th set.

Federer hasn’t beat Nadal in a grand slam game other than grass. It is 9-2 I think in Nadal’s favour in their head to head in grand slam meetings. It’s clearly obvious the cardigans are shittng the thought of Nadal being the final hurdle.

Maybe you should be focusing on your man Nadal getting over Dimitrov first before turning your mind to the demolition of Federer.

A tired looking Dimitrov saves a break point and holds for 3-2.

Nadal holds to love for 3-3. 4 hours 30 minutes in he’s looking much the stronger player now after Dimitrov outplayed him for most of sets 3 & 4.

Dimitrov trying to end the points quickly now.

Grigor summons the energy from somewhere to hold for 4-3.

Sensational from Rafa.

Rafa was on the ropes there. What a game to save.

1 Like

His will to win is incredible. Reminds me of maximus in gladiator. He does everything that is required.

1 Like

Looks like that service hold from 40 -15 down for Nadal may have just finished off dimitrov.

Ah fuck off net cord

My word.

Nadal wins 6-4 in 5th Set. This final match up has the potential to split the board.

1 Like

the GOAT wins in the 5th

he will play the Swiss bore in the final

3 Likes

What a warrior.

1 Like