The Tennis Thread

Don’t know the score on the time violations. Only sat down to watch it 15 minutes ago as well pal. Nadal really struggling with his serve but you sense after going a break up twice in this set and not capitalising on four set points for a third break to take the 2nd set, Grigor is going to go 2-0 down in the tie-break.

Mind you its 15-40 all of a sudden and he has two more set points.

Bad omen - Raonic had 6 set points in the 2nd set on Wednesday, didn’t take any of them, lost the 2nd set in a tie-break and then in straight sets.

Grigor is made of sterner stuff than Miley. Breaks to take the 2nd set 7-5 and level it up.

Big hold there for Dimitrov from 15-40 down

Twitter tells me Nadal has, unsurprisingly, had a time violation. Dimitrov’s entourage were looking for a second one also not long after.

Nadal breaks to go 3-2 up in the third.

The Bulgarian tifosi well up for this now.

Nadal appears to have sent his fans to sleep

Grigor breaks back 3-3

Mrs DB just walked in and said “Oh that’s Nicole Sherzinger’s fella, isn’t it”

Fucking hell, fair play Grigor.

He was riding Sharapova aswell

And Serena before that. He gets around.

Wouldn’t it great to have Mirka and Nicole in opposing boxes on Sunday morning.

2 beauties

Bit of a mixed bag of conquests there

Trending upwards I’d have to say

You’re not going to be winning the Stefan Edberg sportsmanship award even once, yet alone twelve times if you’re getting pulled up for time violations every time you go out to play.

1 Like

someone had a heart attack?

Looks like it. I thought they were leaving the court but they’re warming up now.

Yes and McEnroe thinks it was a crazy time in the match to have one.

What’s the weather like in Melbourne these last two weeks? It generally tends to be crazy in late January, often around the 40 degree mark. Less of a factor in recent years with all the later stages played at night time.

Some words of concern there from John McEnrore about the unfortunate gentleman with the suspected heart attack.

3rd set tie break upcoming

Huge tie-break, particularly for Grigor and he’s a mini-break down already on the first point.

Breaks straight back