The Tennis Thread

the GOAT wins in the 5th

he will play the Swiss bore in the final

3 Likes

What a warrior.

1 Like

I have tears in my eyes.

2 Likes

Incredible physical conditioning for Nadal to be so fresh and strong after nearly 5 hours. The younger man by 5 years noticeably wilted physically in the 5th set.

this is the happiest day of my life

2 Likes

Hand him the keys to the Kia now sir. What a warrior. Today was his final, Sunday will be an inconvenience and no more

1 Like

Nadal and his unconquerable spirit. I salute him.

1 Like

Sometimes I think Rafa is Italian and not Spanish

That’s the biggest compliment I can pay him

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrI1cAqlJMg

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC3kHR2SgV4

Serena is up the fuck stick

She was up the duff winning the Australian Open :eek:

Andy Murray knocked out of the Monte Carlo open. Wawrinka a set down in his match. Could be a say of shocks.

Nadal vs zverev is going to be a close one as well.

The Federation Cup has been absolute box office this year, with a singer in Hawaii singing the Nazi-era lyrics of the German national anthem during the US-Germany tie a couple of months back, and now this from one of the game’s great characters.

Nasty, nasty, Mr. Nastase.

Former world number one Ilie Nastase has been ejected from court in the Fed Cup Group II play-off between Great Britain and Romania after verbally abusing Johanna Konta and the match official.

The Romania head coach was sent to the stand for unsportsmanlike conduct, after saying to the match umpire “What’s your f****** problem?”

The 70-year-old was then alleged to have called Anne Keothavong, Great Britain’s head coach, and Jo Konta “a f****** bitch” as he made his way off court.

Great Britain’s Konta was visibly upset by the comments and had to be consoled.

The game was suspended before resuming shortly afterwards.

More to follow.

Hon Ilie.

He was trying to pull Keovathong at the press conference yesterday.

Djokovic v Nadal tomorrow in the semi finals in Madrid. Interesting match up as Djokovic has looked out of sorts for a while and Nadal is having a good season and has just won in Monte Carlo (albeit 10th seeded David Goffin was the highest seed he had to beat).

They haven’t met in nearly a year since Rome last year. Djokovic has won their last 6 meetings and 10 of the last 11. Nadal hasn’t beaten Djokovic since the 2014 final at Roland Garros.

What time Geoff?

3pm

1 Like

Come on rafa