The Tennis Thread

3-1 Nadal

Nadal a mini break up again

4-2 Nadal

Mini-break back 4-3 Nadal. Grigor really has to hold these next two points on serve.

There’s the break back. 4-3 Nadal.

Back on serve

Nadal breaks again

5-4 Nadal with 2 serves to come

5-3 Nadal. Everytime Grigor has broken back in this tie-break, he’s lost next point on his serve. 5-4 Nadal, two points now on serve for the set.

5-5

Incredible. 5-5

6-5 Nadal

Nadal takes it 7-5

Nadal take the tie-break 7-5.

3-3 in the fourth. Grigor hanging in there.

Grigor takes the 4th set tie break 7-4. Match clock is at 3 hours 52 with the deciding set to come.

Great to see Grigor playing like this. His back hand is a thing of beauty. Hopefully he can see this match out.

The cardigans are relying on external forces as they don’t have the belief and conviction in their own guy. They are desperate for Dimitrov to do the job they don’t think Federer can.

I give Roger an outstanding chance on Sunday. I do think he’ll have to win it in 3 or at a push 4 short’ish sets though.

Grigor holds from 15-40 down and 5 deuces in a 13 minutes opening game of the 5th set.

Federer hasn’t beat Nadal in a grand slam game other than grass. It is 9-2 I think in Nadal’s favour in their head to head in grand slam meetings. It’s clearly obvious the cardigans are shittng the thought of Nadal being the final hurdle.