The Tennis Thread

Djokovic taking charge now 2-0 up in the second already.

And just like that Djokovic has taken the second set 6-1 and it is 1-1 in the third.

Djokovic now 2 sets to 1 up.

Draper hasn’t had a break point since the first set and Djokovic is now 4/4 on break points.

Tsitsipas a break down in the first set to Tiafoe. I think there’s a good chance he will go out, think he’s having a hangover from the RG defeat.

Tsitsipas about to go two sets down now.

These ‘New Gen’ players are as weak as piss. Tennis is in an awful state.

Tiafoe is a dangerous player to have in your half of the draw. Tsitsipas must still have a hang over from the French open.

Yeah. Tiafoe is not someone you want in the first time but this is typical brittle Tsitsipas.

A bad result seems to knock him for months.

Murray on now.

Big Reilly Opelka, all 6ft 11 of him has crashed out on the first round.

Some collapse here by young Andy Murray. 5-0 up in the third set and he loses 7-5.

Federer in bother.

He looks very flat and out of sorts.

I’d say he will give it one more year for a send off in proper circumstances. Think he knows another slam is out of the question now.

He blew the last chance of a slam losing that final to Djokovic at Wimbledon. Think he is after the gold medal.

Federer was blessed.

Federer will hardly last much longer in the tournament.

What happened to Mannarino?

I was flicking between the 4th set and the soccer. Federer broke at the start of the 4th set, then won it handily. Wasn’t all that apparent that Mannarino was injured.

Looks like Serena is a goner now as well.

Great to see Kyrgios back. In a tough 5 setter.