The Tennis Thread

Stan takes the 4th set to even up the match. Some performance from Stan.

I’m speechless guys and close to tears to be honest. Can’t believe what I’ve just witnessed

1 Like

After that, even the most ardent Lendl, Edberg or Djokovic supporter can’t deny that Roger is the greatest.

GOAT :goat:

Great Man wins 7-5 6-3 1-6 4-6 6-3

Incredible that he’ll play in a Grand Slam Final at 35 years 5 months 21 days

Ah this is a terrific interview between Jim and Roger #bantz

1 Like

Federer was in the semi finals in Australia and at the Championship in 2016. Even in his veteran years he’s pretty much a staple in the semi finals of the Slams. Championship & US open finals in 2015, three semi finals in 2014. Including this year, he’s made the semi finals in the Australian for 13 of the last 14 years. His whole career has been a model of consistency. Unlike the highs and troughs and long periods of absence that have characterised Nadal’s. Nadal hasn’t made a Grand Slam semi final, since winning the French in 2014. He’s suddenly re-emerged after another long absence and is playing as well as he ever did at his peak.

Federer is a warrior. He’s played through the pain barrier with a bad back and troublesome knee for most of the last 6-7 years. Nadal is constantly whingeing about various niggles, injuries, clearly has a low pain threshold and constantly ducks out of tournaments. The OCD probably fuels the hypocHondria as well.

Whereas Federer cheats on baseline calls when getting schooled by Nadal.

Just over 3 hours to play a 5 set match. Goes to show how quick the game can be when there is prick acting going on between points and at the change overs.

Roger won the ATP Stefan Edberg Sportsmanship Award for 2016 - a six in a row win, twelve in total following on from another 6 in a row 2004-09.

Dont fall for it.

I have a family gathering at 12.30 on Sunday.

Almost certain I will get to see all the final if Dimitrov beats Nadal. If Nadal wins I very much doubt I’ll see the end if it goes beyond 3 sets.

Probably. I have a tennis match at 9.30 on Sunday morning, start of Winter League. Great timing.

They were saying yesterday during the Nadal/Raonic match that a set in most Nadal match takes an hour what with all the bottle placements and other carry on that goes on during his matches.

Federer wears cardigans and acts up to the Toff standards of submissive arrogance.

Nadal will always be the people’s champions, he is humble, gritty and a warrior. He is the Che Guevara of tennis.

1 Like

Yeah if it goes to 5 I’m fucked. He really is a horrible prick

:joy:

If Roger doesn’t soil himself and plays to his absolute optimum then it will probably go to five sets. The GOAT is still a bit rusty but the result will not be in doubt as it hasn’t been in all 8 of their previous non grass grand slam encounters.

As well as his Stefan Edberg sportsmanship award, Roger also chosen as the fans favourite player. Roger Federer, the people’s champion.

1 Like

Nadal saves 4 set points on serve and halts the sequence of three consecutive breaks of serve to level it at 5-5 in the 2nd set.

Just signing in now after my morning gym session.

Any time violations yet for Nadal ??