The TFK Hiking Thread

WhatsApps going round (I won’t be sharing here - the young women are probably only in their late teens) of young wans in their underwear up on Slieve Donard and then a video of a few hours later and they waiting for the air ambulance :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

What t f was that all about?

Irresponsible pricks

What route did they take up it?

You’d never eaten cheese before you were 17?

1 Like

Lee Enfield being dragged up The mountain :joy::joy:, FCA as a14 year old was outstanding, howitzer, 303 rifles was like cowboys and Indians for us, Murphy barracks Ballincollig,Kilworth, Clare etc, how they left us scrotes in had to be for numbers only

1 Like

I could see the Mourne Wall beside them, so if they followed that down, they would have had a clear enough route. Unless one of the party had got injured. I’m not sure.

1 Like

We all do stupid things at that age, but people need to learn that you can’t mess with the mountains. Hiking has got trendy now, especially since the lockdowns. I’d love to do more hiking myself, but don’t have the time, so choose to run the mountains and hills instead. I’m seeing places where I never would met a single person last year now populated with new enthusiasts. But some of them are ill equipped for the weather or the terrain.

2 Likes

Ill equipped is the stand out, like the eejits on boards etc without proper life jackets, radio etc, fail to prepare
Prepare to fail

Climbed the mourned as scouts, beautiful

1 Like

It’s one of the healthiest activities out there. Brilliant for kids, especially those living in towns/cities/estates. I’ve loads of little fun new trails lined up for the little one for Spring and Summer. Little stream crossings, wildlife, plenty of fun stuff. In another few years, she can start coming on open mountain with me.

2 Likes

Doing similar all my life with all mine,still at it, yes great to get out in nature, kids learn so much as long as the bloody phones are left behind

1 Like

Hiking is a brilliant activity for kids.

Hiking is deadly dangerous.

1 Like

Not deadly in Ireland :ireland: mostly safe, did the Carpathains mountains in Romania now that’s dangerous without a guide.

In Ireland it’s the lazy preparation fucks us

All for the ‘gram’ :camera:

T’internet

1 Like

Hollie Sweetlove

:smiley:

Good internetting!

No, nor tomatoes or onions.
I wouldn’t eat them now either unless they’re well cooked.

The mountains in Ireland are all very accessible. You could tip away up the likes of Brandon in a pair of shorts and suddenly be in heaps of trouble at the top lost on a featureless bog in a heavy mist.

1 Like