The TFK Hiking Thread

Sounds a bit dramatic

True though

Iā€™ve seen the offending video (@PhattPike disgracefully shared it via a WhatsApp group) and one thing that struck me was: why didnā€™t the ladies try to walk back down the hill? That bit of Donard isnā€™t especially steep and the Mourne wall would have lead them down

Their vision was blurred mate, they could barely press the post button on Instagram

They photographed and videoed the rescue and all.

Iā€™m not getting into victim blaming though.

Yeah. ā€œRescue vibesā€ were had at the end, thankfully

1 Like

All the lads got was an auld ā€˜THXā€™

Your disappointment was PALPABLE on the chat when I mentioned I didnā€™t have the video of them in their underwear.

As I said myself on the chat when making this very point that youā€™ve made your own here on TFK - Donard ainā€™t exactly K2.

Thereā€™s a whiff of middle class Protestants off that. Iā€™d say they are Alliance voters.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I said to you bout the wall alright

:eyes::eyes::eyes:

Hikeix.
Hicks for short.

Possibly one of the most bizzare statements ever on here and flew completely under the radar :grinning:

1 Like

I donā€™t recall having real cheese as a young fella, we only ever had the blocks of galtee processed cheese

2 Likes

Thatā€™s still cheese though. Iā€™d say I made myself cheese on toast after school pretty much every day for 10 years

Picnic ham and easi singles in the old style toasted sandwich maker. Unreal.

1 Like

With a slice of a tomato to scald the face off you. Great times.

4 Likes

For some reason, as a young lad, I went off ham for a while. But I didnā€™t tell the mother. So she kept sending me off with ham sandwiches to school that I didnā€™t eat. Iā€™d bring them home and start hiding them in a drawer in my room. When nobody was around, Iā€™d get a collection of them and fuck them into the neighbourā€™s field. The game was up when the waft of several mouldy stale sandwiches from my room started to spread around the house.

4 Likes

@caulifloweredneanderthal
Rescuers search for female mountain runner (40s) missing overnight in Comeragh Mountains

Jesus, hope sheā€™s found ok but not looking good.

Visibility was shite yesterday mate. The French lad wouldnā€™t listen to me and wanted to try a new stretch out to a small enough summit (maybe 500m) called Carnavaddy. We didnā€™t see it til we were right up to it and were thankful we saw some walkers up ahead of us at that stage. We knew we were in general direction but could have ended up pissing about for longer up there.

1 Like