The Ultrarunning Thread

speed session, 8 miles there at half four in 50 minutes

Heā€™s going to do it @Tassotti

https://twitter.com/irunfar/status/886197651363975168

1 Like

@Tassotti have you heard of Adam Campbell. Would be a good trail runner, would have regularly been in top 10 in big events. He nearly died last August when he fell rock climbing and spent a long time in hospital after. He just finished the Hard Rock 100 in 33 hours, about 9-10 hours behind winner. Unrale achievement to come back.

Watch the pure emotion in video

https://twitter.com/irunfar/status/886336509229576193

1 Like

Here ye go lads.

Read it ffs

I ran what I thought would be a handy flat 50k today, by Christ I suffered, its funny the way the head goes sometimes

On a chance meeting recently I discovered that one of my best pals growing up is now one of Irelandā€™s leading ultra runners having almost killed himself with drink for 20 years, a real all or nothing character, had been the best u14 hurler in Cork before completely packing it in for running which he took seriously for a few years back then.

Training or a race mate?

I fail to see how itā€™s relevant to an imaginary run?

Race. New shorts aswell and forgot the bodyglide. My arse is torn assunder. Luckily I managed to get a scoop of Vaseline 15 in and shoved it right up into me

2 Likes

Ouch!

1 Like

I love a three inch short when I am running. But they ride right up into you. I love running with my thighs exposed

Thatā€™s all made up by gym faggots who canā€™t handle a bit of honest cardio without whining about a pain in their knee

1 Like

Its not. Fairly traceable substanial science with it

Scott jurek has decided to take his chance against me in the New York marathon

1 Like

Two elites. I hope ye get to run alongside each other for a while pal. Yeā€™ll probably have time for a chat while all the others are blowing up around ye.

did a cross country marathon today, Jesus something very funny happened, I was bouncing along after 20 miles, I was fucked, because its roasting today, and I choose to run topless with only 3 inch shorts on and my top tied around my head for most of it. So I was savage dehydrated. Water stations only every 5 miles, anyway I was on my own running though a huge meadow and I heard some fucker with an Oirish accent shouting ā€œgo on lad, go on ladā€ this went on for about a minute and I couldnā€™t see the fucker, it was driving me ape, the next thing didnā€™t I spot a sheep, and it turned out it was the sheep baaaaaaaing, I immediately ate a lump of pink Himalayan salt and a jelly baby.

cc @KinvarasPassion @caulifloweredneanderthal

7 Likes

UTmB coming up, with one of then best fields ever for an ultra

1 Like

You have a truly wonderful imagination, youā€™re wasted picking up the odd day carrying a hod.

Full coverage of the UTMB is online. The fellas on commentary havenā€™t a clue who is who:

UTMB race itself starts this evening. The shorter (101km) CCC race is on since this morning.
UTMB champ from last year Ludovic ā€œLudoā€ Pommeret dropped back to CCC this year and is currently leading alongside American Hayden Hawks. They got through the first 41km 17 mins ahead of record pace.

Hawks has never run a 100km race before and blew up at the Transvulcania *(about 80km) a few months back after leading it for a while. Heā€™s one of this new breedy of cocky American runners that goes out fierce hard and ends up getting passed out by the patient Europeans. I think Ludo will do it, although the two are pushing the pace very hard. The Moroccan lad who has won Marathon des Sables a load of times is about five minutes back and tipping away nicely. Could be the wild card.

Hard to see Jornet not winning the UTMB later.

cc @Tassotti

1 Like

Former Irish international Lacrosse player Paddy Oā€™Leary (now based in San Francisco) is in the top 30/40 at the moment of the CCC