The unofficial 🐐 NRL thread

The pitch at the DW should be in good nick for my beloved WAFC’s next home league match.

Penalty under the posts for the Broncos to win it.

Corey Parker scores. A winning start for the legendary Wayne Bennett on his return as Broncos head coach.

That was a brilliant last 20 minutes or so.

i fuckin love corey parker

Brave performance by the Merseysider to still be in this.

:rolleyes:

I fuckin hate rugby league. Sorry @Theselfishgiant

Who?

6 members of the Gold Coast Titans, including 2 Origin players are now implicated in the cocaine supply scandal. The AFL must be worried, unlikely Karmichael Hunt was the only member of the Gold Coast Suns at it.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/six-gold-coast-titans-including-greg-bird-and-dave-taylor-charged-over-drugs-crisis/story-fnn8dlfs-1227234269090

Big one tonight. Saints got caught knapping here early on and should got 6 down.

[QUOTE=“Tim Riggins, post: 1095934, member: 1382”]6 members of the Gold Coast Titans, including 2 Origin players are now implicated in the cocaine supply scandal. The AFL must be worried, unlikely Karmichael Hunt was the only member of the Gold Coast Suns at it.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/six-gold-coast-titans-including-greg-bird-and-dave-taylor-charged-over-drugs-crisis/story-fnn8dlfs-1227234269090[/QUOTE]
Scandal involving footballers. Yep, the NRL season is just around the corner.

Every NRL Player Granted Parole for Season Opener

23 Feb 2015 - 10:28 AM UPDATED 6 HOURS AGO

The National Rugby League opening round is scheduled to go ahead after all with every member of the league granted parole from their various crimes for the season opener.

A tense wait for the league ended this morning as the Department of Justice agreed to a 48-hour parole period provided the league allows each player to wear a tracking device on their ankle throughout the game.

The move has been praised by the NRL as the best possible outcome considering the circumstances.

“We must understand the safest place for players to be is on the field,” said an NRL Spokesperson. “When they are playing the beautiful sport of rugby league these men often go a full eighty minutes without committing a crime.

More from The Backburner:

Greg Hunt Caught Editing Wikipedia To Deny The Existence Of Cyclones.
Greyhound Industry Moves To End Horrific Acts Of Noticing Animal Cruelty.
Malcolm Turnbull Refuses to Stop Shouting ‘I Want To Be Prime Minister’

“We’ve found it’s a really good influence to have 10,000 or so people watching them at all times just in case they try something.”

The National Rugby League has claimed that while the latest spate of arrests have hurt their already damaged image, there was still positives that could be taken.

“We are seeing this as the end of the boring post-match interview,” the spokesperson explained. “As players go straight from the field to their depositions they’ll be compelled by the court of law to honestly answer whether or not the boys gave 110% and if they deserve full credit or only partial credit.”

The league has claimed they are moving to address the continuing negative press throughout the off-season.

“We have spoken to the players and they are very sorry for their various drinking offences, violent assaults, drug use, public urination and single case of regicide. We have installed a ‘Days Since Last Embarrassing Incident’ board on the front of our headquarters and as soon as it’s necessary we will buy some numbers above zero.”

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

Who are you supporting in the Grand Final, mate?

I see your beloved Broncos are taking on JT and the Cowboys in an all-Queensland clash.

I’ll be backing JT to finally win a premiership. A top, top guy and a great player.

broncos definitely

fireworks over brisbane last night when we won

a great day for Qld though

love JT too

Incredible scenes as JT wins the Grand Final for the Cowboys with a golden point extra-time drop goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dotu9IyJOeM

1 Like

fantastic. JT is one of the best sportsmen alive

1 Like

The equalising try came literally right on the stroke of the hooter. JT hit the inside of the post with the conversion. As dramatic a sporting event as you’ll see all year. I’m seething I didn’t see it live.

It was a momentous occasion. So much, the people of Australia, “us”, have been rewarded with a public holiday. @Fitzy out spider hunting, @Loko_Cove and @Chucks_Nwoko parked up watching the greatest sport in the world.

while heart broken for the broncos you cant begrudge JT and the cowboys

FNQ would have been rocking today

quueeennnssssllllllllllaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddddddddeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsssssssssssssss