The Vinyl Thread

The jmw memorial tonearm. Fancy.

It’s an engineering marvel.

I’ve Fleetwood Mac’s Rumours on the go here… A great album.

2 Likes

It’s an astounding album. The cunts should have found a way to fit Silver Springs on it though and keep Stevie happy.

This is poor quality but the last minute is worth watching for emotional value, 1997, twenty years later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwTI9Xp6wU4

2 Likes

It’s an album that has stood the test of time which not all top selling albums of that era did. Frampton Comes Alive and Hotel California come to mind.

3 Likes

The backstory behind the album makes it all the better — two couples going through a break up and they writing about it and stuck in a studio with each other for weeks.

No offence but are you tone deaf. She’s horribly out of tune with the band who are out of tune with each other. She sounds as if she’s off her head.

Is the term “poor quality” not self explanatory?

I thought you meant the recording quality

its even better that nicks and Buckingham are still pissed at each other over lines in go your own way and dreams

No, the whole thing is shit, and yes she was out of her head for at least 3 decades. They were shit enough musicians, apart from Fleetwood and McVie. But, the point being made wasn’t about the music, it’s the interaction between Nicks and Buckingham. Apparently she was told the song was left off the album because it was too long, the more likely truth is that Buckingham wouldn’t concede the best song in the war of words to her. Anyway she got the last laugh, the cunt has been fired now. Revenge at 70.

In fairness, "“shacking up is all you wanna do” was pretty low even if true.

theres still a lawsuit to come from bucko about the firing. there may be way more Fleetwood mac to be washed in public.

maybe stevie shouldn’t have been packing up and shacking up

:smile:

also, the lowest blow on the album is Christine mcvie boasting about getting the hole ridden off her by the new guy on you make loving fun

She told McVie is was about her dog :rofl:

1 Like

Rumours is trending on Wikipedia today

I’m glad it’s finally dawning on you who really controls the internet.

1 Like

I just remembered that 3. Mick Fleetwood credits his dyslexia for the unusual drumming pattern on “Go Your Own Way.”
4. Lindsey Buckingham’s guitar was restrung every 20 minutes during the recording of “Never Going Back Again.”

I’m not sure there’s any other band in music history quite like Fleetwood Mac. The original Peter Green version was excellent, until he went mad. Absolute crap then for 4 or 5 years with multiple band members, most of whom went mad or joined religious cults. Mick Fleetwood hit pay dirt with Buckingham Nicks, leading to the classic Rumours album and decent Fleetwood Mac and Tusk albums, then back to absolute dross again.

They are absolutely cleaning up on their current tour, adding Neil Finn and Mike Campbell and sticking in a few Crowded House and Tom Petty songs was a stroke of genius.

1 Like