The waxing lyrical about the issues with the Mayo Footballing Psyche Thread

Did they ask him why he picked Horan ahead of the other candidates?

Only caught the tail end of that interview on Off the Ball last night but he didn’t come across as all that likeable.

Molloy was fawning as ever and asked him about his occupation. Some logistics or supply chain manager for Heinz in Westport. Wasn’t humble anyway.

“We’ll I’ve progressed quickly through the organisation.”

“I’ve 14 people reporting to me.”

They threw in the Garth Brooks clip at the end too to complete the love fest.

That’s the rest of the Mayo team he is referring to I presume?

26 Likes

:smile:

Name checked himself, Cillian O’Connor and “Lee Roy” as hopefully being the three players to lead them to an All-Ireland.

1 Like

Works in Allergan.

He is some man.

Given he used to refer to Rochford as Rochey, I wonder what nickname he has for Horan.

Hokey,as in be the hokey

I’ve the latest from Jimmy Sloyan but it’s too big to upload - any ideas @anon32894817?

GerCaff is back :heart_eyes:

The Mort hasn’t lost it

This is the year

Mayo football has its own podcast. How lovely

It’s decent to be fair.

1 Like

At around half two today this bus was traveling along the Childers road in Limerick with a young lad frantically waving his Mickey around through the front upstairs window

Gas cunts in Mayo

Mayo beat Dublin in what was a thriller to listen to on radio anyway.

They won 5-12 to 2-19, at least I think that was the final score.

Mid-West Radio is playing The Green and Red Of Mayo as I type this.

Seems like it’s over All-Ireland tickets

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1yp-9FlVNi/

It is with great regret that due to a breakdown in relations our foundation can no longer work with @gaamayo_official in their current structure. We have the global support and the funds (over 275k in our current account - not bad considering we have spent 400k already and it’s only year 1) our gala was a huge success. We wish to promote GAA games within the Mayo community and as a Thankyou for everyone’s support in our first year we are going to donate 12 @oneillssportswear balls to every club in Mayo and make a cash donation to the hurling clubs.
We thank everyone for their support. If you have any questions please email tim@mayogaafoundation.org

What happened here @Sidney

Mayo County Board are locked in a dispute with the Mayo GAA International Supporters Foundation which could cost them hundreds of thousands of euro.

The independent supporters fund is backed by UK-based financial trader Tim O’Leary, who is of Mayo descent.

The body sent an email to clubs ahead of Wednesday night’s county board meeting saying that it was withholding €250,000 of money it had raised in a row over governance.

This email read: "It is clear to the foundation that Mayo GAA need significant financial support to sustain and develop GAA games in the county. The foundation’s support is now at risk due to the serious deficits in financial governance at board level."

The statement also claims that O’Leary had made a €150,000 donation to the Mayo senior football team fund on the understanding that receipts would be provided to show how that money was spent.

The supporters fund says what was provided to them included: “copies of multiple invoices and receipts seemingly randomly picked from the financial files.”

So far Mayo GAA haven’t made any comment on the contents of the supporters club email.

Mayo spends over €1m annually on preparing county teams alone so the standoff could leave a significant hole in their budget.

The county has been in financial trouble in the past, with Croke Park bailing them out on €5m of debt run up redeveloping Elverys MacHale Park, a project itself that was mired in planning difficulties and led to long-running disputes with local residents in Castlebar.

Mayo are hoping to develop a new centre of excellence in the county, a project the Mayo GAA International Supporters Foundation say they were set to support, though that may now be in doubt.

“Governance” in the GAA. :grinning::grinning: