The waxing lyrical about the issues with the Mayo Footballing Psyche Thread

I like this. I shall use it to scare my children into going to bed at night.

This.

Cillian O Connor certainly broke the mould as a Mayo forward over the past 10 years. Before him their inside forwards could be seen as nice footballers but soft, flaky and work shy in the heat of battle. Think Mortimer, Conroy, Varley… O Connor came along and added a hard edge to the Mayo forwards. Loads of cynical fouling to stop counter attacks and allow his team get their defensive set up in place.

He may be the all round top scorer but I’d harbour a guess he is also top fouler during that period as well. You can see that influence the games of Moran, McLoughlin and Doherty who would previously be seen as nice players. That beimg said he brought that level of fouling/cynism too far with some nasty stuff over the past 5/6 years that wouldn’t endear him to many outside of Mayo.

2 Likes

Which Tyrone player is this, again?

1 Like

Mayo would have won the All-Ireland in 2017 but for his ill-discipline.

1 Like

You can’t really say that for sure. History would suggest one of the others would have done something equally fucking stupid to fuck it up.

A new video has surfaced

cc @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy

5 Likes

He showed those two bullshitters up there

1 Like

Biggest shower of cunts/fans in the Country.

1 Like

Fucking lovely. I’d say off the ball and cunts like kilbane are seething

1 Like

Kick them out

I’d have imagined all county squads would have pulled strokes and had all their members vaccinated by now.

Missed shots costing Mayo another All-Ireland

15 Likes

:grinning::grinning::grinning:

The Mayo kit van is banned from MacHale for Sunday’s match.

For the Quarter final away to Sligo they were caught trying to sneak someone into the match in the back of the van. :joy:

The were caught doing the same for the All Ireland final last year. 3 lads were caught on CCTV getting out.

Might be a chance for the likes of Mark Moran to get game time!

It must be the first time Hennelly caught something in years.

6 Likes

Eh you can still get covid even if you’re vaccinated.

Surprised the self proclaimed vaccine roll out expert didn’t know thay