The waxing lyrical about the issues with the Mayo Footballing Psyche Thread

I think he just fouls incessantly from the front.

He’s a good finisher but his movement is fairly average, lacks pace and has not got much of a left foot.

He’s extremely lucky to play from Mayo with the number of tap over frees they generate from their hard running game.

He’s not the best forward ever but he’s very effective. He’s an excellent player.

“Tell me Cathy, what did he do in the replay?”

3 Likes

It was just 5 from frees wasn’t it? Peter Canavan played in 3 All-Ireland finals, what did he score from play in the 3 games combined? 1-1 or 1-2?

2 Likes

The Simpsons GIF

1 Like

Peter Canavan scored a decisive 1-01 from play in an All Ireland final at the age of 34 in about 50 minutes of action. He played two of them carrying injuries in his 30s and was subbed off and on again in them.

If you’re comparing Canavan to O’Connor in any sort of a serious way then you deserve to be laughed at.

O’Connor consistently fails to deliver in the big games for Mayo, he’s grand when Mayo are steamrolling teams and he has a few empty nets to tap into or a few frees in front of the posts.

1 Like

You’re full of excuses.

2 Likes

Hes a scumbag on the pitch. Thats the reality. He has a show reel of cheap shots any scumbag would be proud of. Flying elbows. Sneaky elbows. Dives, then up looking for cards. The level of hate for him on here is not very high really. Much more screaming anti-dubs like yourself to defend him.

6 Likes

Can you provide this show reel?

1 Like

Not comparing Canavan to O’Connor at all in any way except for their scoring performances in All-Ireland finals. O’Connor got 4 points from play (marks are considered to be from play) in a game his team lost. Is Sean Cavanagh the only man in Tyrones history to score more than that from play in a final? The one final Canavan had against Dublin, when he was at his peak, he got 1 point from play in a game Tyrone lost by 1. To be criticising O’Connor for his scoring return in last years final makes you look ridiculous.

4 Likes

To be honest, I think that’s pure nonsense. As a Limerick supporter I am unbiased when it comes for Gaelic football. Dublin are clearly the greatest team ever in that sport.

You’re like the Israelis screaming anti-Semitism any time any criticises them a tiny little bit.

the Cillian O Connor thread.

He is a good player. He scores a lot. He takes a load of handy frees. He is a scut. Not a fantastic player but his scoring record is impressive.

3 Likes

A fair appraisal. I think he’s got a lot of scores down the years through the domination Mayo sides had around the middle three lines of the field which set him up with a conveyer belt of handy scores especially goals. He must be way out in front in the tapping a ball into an empty net stats. That said I do think he’s improved his overall game in the last couple years. His work rate and tackling (legal or not) is outstanding.

1 Like

I would say a lot of the current Dubs are well up there in terms of those stats.

1 Like

Bump yourself the Gaa thread for any morning after an all Ireland final for the last 6 years and read your own scutter on it. It’s very amusing. One-eyed anti-Dublin seethe.

Heres one. Nice headline too.

Actually this is a good slo mo

1 Like

Straight red this day too.

1 Like

If you say so, Binyamin Netanyiallio.

And another red

1 Like

What a competitor