The waxing lyrical about the issues with the Mayo Footballing Psyche Thread

Ja, PJ and Aido are alike in that they are lightning rods for their teams, and all round great sorts.

Colonel Maurice Blake of Towerhill was a landlord in South Mayo, and patron of his local football team, Carnacon. When Carnacon played Belcarra in 1887, Colonel Blake saw the chance to make a political point – Blake was a Catholic, and Belcarra were sponsored by a local Protestant, Unionist, family, the Brownes. In the light of this, Colonel Blake insisted that Carnacon line out in strips that featured Green above Red, in reference to Dr Croke’s fear, expressed his famous letter to Michael Cusack, that if the Irish did not stand up to express their nationality, we might all just as well “clap hands for joy at the sight of the Union Jack, and place ‘England’s bloody red’ exultantly above the green.”
And that is why Mayo have always worn the green above the red, and always must, if they are to mean anything at all.

I only heard this story the other day. @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy’s suspicion of the gah is well-founded.

1 Like

Horan is a top manager. He’ll probably have to follow in John O Mahoneys footsteps before he brings one West but no doubting his levels of astuteness
https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2021/0909/1245563-gamechanger-horan-needs-title-to-set-seal-on-great-era/?fbclid=IwAR30TVMK8FKciLlgWSXuVeVG_1J0_M4cksA5PRWPF1K74mPmWFwC2ZvTcTU

We’re going to fucking do it

1 Like

Yes we are. The famine is over and there’ll be no winter down west.
Excited Samuel L Jackson GIF by The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard

2 Likes

Pipe down sambuca breath

1 Like

We’ll stick it to the Peep o day boys.

What would you know about it, and you in Limerick?

Good man Paul. How’s Brian Leddin these days?

You tell me Mike, you seem to know a lot more than me.

The aul dementia has you boy.

Deer Popcorn GIF

Sure Mike, sure.

You’ve the wrong man here bud.

Mayo Mayo Mayo

1 Like

The shrine in Knock

Another litany of disasters for the poor souls.

I’d like to propose a motion that Limerick donate Caroline Currid to Mayo for a year.

1 Like