The waxing lyrical about the issues with the Mayo Footballing Psyche Thread

Tim is a little misinformed about his own importance.

Who is this lad?

A strange lad who funded Mayo GAA and looked for evidence of how it was used a few years back.

What did Cunningham post in the first place to get this bollix going do you know?

Tim is despised in all Mayo GAA circles too.

I met Brolly out in Dublin one night and this Tim chap was with him. I think their wives/partners might be close?

He’s a really strong English accent which is very off-putting.

https://youtube.com/shorts/TI55_67oVTs?feature=share

The politics of mayo football make me sick to my teeth.

#Jimmyknew

2 Likes

I have a feeling that this weekend will see the end of this Mayo teams pursuit of the Holy Grail.
They’ve given us some epic, rollercoaster rides over the past decade. Just run into a team that were that tad slicker and somehow managed to get their scores handier. The lack of one or two top quality inside forwards has and continues to be their Achilles heel. Cillian O’Cunt is a great man to clock up big totals against Longford, Leitrim and the assorted other lambs they encountered in the qualifiers.

8 Likes

Totally agree on all fronts.Theres a great documentary to be made on the Mayo team from 2011 to last year’s AI unless they were to bate Kerry tomorrow.They never had a top top quality inside forward like Stephen O Neill or Gooch and relied too much on attacking half backs and other defenders to get them out of trouble.The Lee Keegan Lochra Gael in years to come will have to be a 3 partner,his career has been unbelievable.One of the best backs to ever take the field.I seen him in the 11 final live and thought he was unrale and would be a fine player.

6 Likes

Keegan is the greatest Mayo man since Padraig Nally. Boyle and Barrett were great combatative backs too. But the story remains the same - unless Keegan or Durcan launch the grenade the rest just lie down.

7 Likes

Higgins was a warrior too tbf

3 Likes

Andy Moran was a top class forward. Not a scoring machine but a leader, the only one they really had. Their failure is the same for decades, they just panic and try too hard in front of the posts

He was but he only really became top class for a few years in his 30s

4 Likes

Barrett was unreal in the 2017 final,he gave a masterclass at 6 iirc

2 Likes

That was a belter of a contest. Great bottle and kick from Rock at the death - wasn’t an easy one either.

1 Like

We thought they were gone after the 2019 all-Ireland semi-final hammering against Dublin but they came back for more with glee in 2020 and 2021. Ryan O’ Donoghue and Tommy Goals will be colossal absentees for Sunday. Won’t be able to test that Kerry rearguard to the same level as they could have. Fionn McDonagh must be injured, he’s drifted off the scene a bit. TikToker Moran is number 27 apparently. I thought he was the real deal at first.

1 Like

I thought that initially watching live. However having seen it a few times since his big plays were crossed out by some big errors.

Best game of football I’ve seen.

3 Likes

Tommy Goals is I feel well overrated. He’s the perennial great white hope of Mayo. He butchered a pudding of a chance in last years final. Maybe it’s the cynic in me but O’Donoghue’s penalty miss last year knocked the stuffing out of them. After all that they’re liable to do anything from the sublime to foaling on the course altogether. I think Kerry will drive the stake into their hearts on Sunday

5 Likes