The waxing lyrical about the issues with the Mayo Footballing Psyche Thread

I feel Morley can be got at for Kerry but you’d imagine a Kerry team under Jack O’ Connor should have enough for a slightly depleted Mayo team. Kerry by 4. I’d agree on Tommy Conroy, Ryan O’ Donoghue does seem to be a more forceful attacker than him.

Was never a free , Connolly just couldn’t get past barrett who was an absolute rock that day …

1 Like

Conroy and ROD are typical Mayo forwards.Good but not good enough to score 1-05 or 1-06 to help a team to win an AI.Theyll do it again Leitrim or Roscommon alright.

2 Likes

I’ve never watched the whole thing back.But at the time I thought Barrett was a colossus that day against a Dublin team at their peak.

1 Like

Uh oh @Juhniallio

1 Like

Its the best GAA match of all time and doesnt half the recognition it deserves.

I’d be amazed if there’s ever a better one.

1 Like

You’re like Harry Potter with your scar tingling…
I’d say you’d a semi reading it!

James Carr is fortunate to be starting based on performances this year I think. Still basking in the glow of that cracking goal against Galway in 2019. Be interesting to see how that new full-forward Carney fares. Was reasonable enough against Monaghan.

Tommy Goals is the most inaccurate naming of a sportsperson since Eddie the Eagle

4 Likes

Mayo have a big turnover in personnel since the League final:

Rory Byrne, Padraig O’Hora, Michael Plunkett (injured), Rory Brickenden, Jason Doherty and Ryan O’Donoghue (injured – but I guess we won’t know the full story there until Sunday) all started in the League decider but aren’t included in the team for Sunday. The six who are named in the team for Sunday’s game but didn’t start in the League final are Rob Hennelly, Oisín Mullin, Paddy Durcan, Eoghan McLaughlin, Diarmuid O’Connor and Cillian O’Connor (who came on as a sub that day).

Ain’t that the truth. The Mort was right when responding to the quip that they’d never win one with him on the team.

1 Like

Think Kerry will really do a number on Mayothis weekend.

Kerry’s biggest asset is Jack patrolling the sideline

2 Likes

Kerry have an array of what appear to be accomplished shooters from out the field. One thing I like about them is they’re not afraid to have the shot and not this inexorable fannying around to free a man 5 yds out.

Kery have flaws at 1, 3, 6 & 8. And that is where the Dubs will hit them.
Interesting to see Jack Barry injured.

5/2 was a great price for the Dubs

Mayo won’t get near Kerry but that certainly doesn’t mean they are unbeatable. It will be interesting to see when they have to defend. I don’t think Mayo have the fire power to make them do that. De Dubs will though.

He went stone mad on the Twitter machine this evening.

It’s like he’s Vladimir Putin and Mayo football is Ukraine.

He is determined to destroy it.

1 Like

I see Mark Moran was sub today. Does he start for Westport?