The waxing lyrical about the issues with the Mayo Footballing Psyche Thread

This is the year

1 Like

Whisper it

Mayo dodged a bullet here, especially given McStay is about to lead them to the promised land.

I hate being right in this way.

2 Likes

Is TFK ever wrong?

Given that at least one poster will always disagree with another then itā€™s unlikely

Your thoughts would go out to Jimmy Sloyan tonight. After his years of ranting and accusations the prodigal son Kevin McStay has delivered a national title at his 1st time of asking.

Jimmy will have to go and kiss the Parish Priest to purge his lack of faith.

16 Likes

This Sloyan fella is a cod

Wasnā€™t a proper army man. Only an aul cadet

1 Like

Picked up my father in law from Mayo earlier, pissed as fuck, outside Supermacs on Oā€™Connell Street. He got a snack box he informed me.

Heā€™s talking about winning an All Ireland. Will they ever learn?!

13 Likes

Did he get you a snackbox?

Iā€™d say he was barely able to order his own.

2 Likes

Its on lads.

They wouldnā€™t know what to do with themselves if they won one.

Itā€™s the chasing is the fun

1 Like

Just another regular day for a Mayoman

Kevin McStay is Officer Class. If only Mayo had him at the helm years ago.

When the time is right, the right man presents himself

Big Aidan is getting bigger it looks like. Heā€™s well outgrown yon trousers anyway.

1 Like

Really hope he gets to score in an All Ireland final this year

2 Likes

Not a hope - heā€™s not officer class. Whatever year he was captain (18/19) he caught a ball in the clouds about 16 yards out and was eaten up and fouled. Free awarded. The logical thing was to tap it over the bar, do a few fist-pumps and having shaken off the monkey lead them to the promised land.

Didnā€™t happen - along snakes the Cock and he duly tapped over his 972nd championship point. Cillian then did his customary hand signal routine, gesticulating left and right as if he was warning the rest of them to get away from a landmineā€¦ā€¦A complete and utter cockā€¦ā€¦

13 Likes