The waxing lyrical about the issues with the Mayo Footballing Psyche Thread

Aidan will be FOTY this year. He has been before of course, but he’ll get it this year.

There is a soft all Ireland going a begging this year. I don’t think Dublin or Kerry are fully at the races. Galway will probably pop in and steal it from them. Mayo will probably lose to Derry in the semis after taking a big scalp along the way

It’s written. It’s Mayo.

Maybe Jimmy was right all along

FUCK MAYO

2 Likes

Simply. Not. Good. Enough.

4 Likes

That team has to go back into the dressing room and explain to Aido how they’ve let him down again

3 Likes
6 Likes

This is all part of the plan. Bookmark it

Wouldn’t it be just so Mayo-ish if Peanut Jimmy were to pop his clogs and Sleepy Joe had to return post haste to oversee the funeral protocols. Matters wrenched out of their hands by fate at the death….

Jimmy Sloyan would combust, blaming the whole fiasco on the O’Sheas and Andy fucking Moran……

1 Like

Mayo U-20’s comprehensively beaten by Sligo in the Connacht semi-final this evening 0-17 to 1-09.
Venue: The balloon in Bekan. Aggressive underage efforts beginning to pay off for the Magpies.

2 Likes

Leg is definitely broken there. Looked like he boxed him in the collar bone

When they build that new city I’ve planned they’ll be winning All-Irelands to beat the band.

1 Like

They’ll be the Killkenny of football,small county big enough population with everything fairly central to them.

RIP Dr Mick Loftus

That’s the last member of the Mayo All Ireland winning panel of 1951 gone.

1 Like

RIP

RIP. Among the things he’ll be remembered for was his aversion to celebrations of victories by slurping from the Cup. In fact I think he made a comment at the time that all Cups should have holes drilled in them. He railed against the dangers and evils of the accursed drink ad nauseum but that I suppose was driven by his vocation as a doctor. It wasn’t all the celebrating the Rhubarbs were doing anyhow…

2 Likes

RIP.

You’d have to say it’s now set up for Mayo to win this year.

1 Like

Inevitable you would have to say - ironically Dr Mick has a grand-nephew lining out for Derry who could be one of the bigger threats.