The waxing lyrical about the issues with the Mayo Footballing Psyche Thread

Indeed, them 3 lads always have the last laugh over them pesky Dubs.

2 Likes

They’ll never have to pay rent in Dublin anyway

Where’s the video of him pulling the piss out of Cillian whilst saying Cathy loves him at the end :joy:?

Anyone hardly have it to hand?

https://twitter.com/JimmySloyan/status/1041335570901991424?t=gzYDAiRwe9RY_lL_DB_ibg&s=19

3 Likes

There was another were I’m sure he rips into COC and ends with “but you’ll never have him Kathy”

Can someone give @starryplough an aul bit of attention here

Mayo training in Mungret ATM.

https://twitter.com/MayoGAA/status/1769795734310666558?t=UPCZ5Xbzt0MLhQSOvUI8pQ&s=19

1 Like

Aidan will be remembered fondly by true GAA men.

Kevin Kilbane also got over 100 international caps.

1 Like

He certainly will.

Kevin Kilbane is fondly remembered by true football men.

I was watching the match against Derry on Sunday. Aidan lined up to take a free from the right with his left around the 45.

I thought to myself ‘What are you at trying to score from there?’ And he duly put it a mile wide.

4 Likes

History will be kind to Aido alright.

Twill. A man too eager to sacrifice himself for his county and his managers. He’ll well got. If you’re getting abuse from the metropolitans, you know you’re doing something right, just ask Donaghy.

One of the last great showmen the game has produced.

Not too many lads playing Intercounty now who were playing pre 2010.

Ah shtop. Donaghy used to save his best games for the Dubs and sow it in to the players and the fans .he was probably Man of Match in 2011 if they’d won . Dubs would have massive respect for him.Dubs fans are knowledgeable folk , sure how couldn’t they be, with the majority of them having watched their team win at least 10 all Ireland finals. Theyd have massive respect for lads who can get it done on the biggest day .

1 Like

HIs problem was Mayo needed him everywhere. And he was only willing to do the work. Plus as a big man, he got blackguarded and got little or no protection. Some of the stuff carried out on him was completely disgraceful, only he was too decent to give it back, which was his failing I guess. Tis all well and good to say what goes on the field, stays on the field, but the lads who did it will know what they done.

1 Like

Agreed. Even less who were playing pre 2008 but probably more who were playing pre 2013. I wonder is there anyway we could measure this trend…

1 Like