The waxing lyrical about the issues with the Mayo Footballing Psyche Thread

This would be Aido’s 16th full season where he was always pretty much a nailed on starter and rarely injured with a team usually at the business end of things most years.

Its some going.

Incredible mental fortitude to be still there, at the coalface. No glamour in these sort of days.

Agreed. There’ll be lads studying sports science in 10years time doing their thesis on how Mayo managed to never fall over the line once. Aido will feature highly in those too.

Issue is if mayo had an upgrade on him they’d have won an all Ireland.

He danced at all the right dances.

2 Likes

Absolutely. His devotion to Mayo and fitness levels cannot be questioned.

The trouble was that Aidan lack the ability.

No they wouldn’t. They would still have found a way to fuck it up.

Fitness levels :joy: come on mate

They would.

Playing in about 8 all Ireland finals is not glamorous?! He’s hardly working down the mines

He may as well of being down the mines for all the scores he got.

[/quote]

Dubs fans are knowledgeable folk ,
[/quote]

Except for the time they mistook Eric Lowndes for Diarmuid Connolly

1 Like

From the sun drenched hill ? A well built black haired lad with a crew cut running onto the field. Hardly a crime. A real Muldoon clutching at straws moment .

1 Like

I like him I have to say and think he has rather harshly become the face of Mayos inability to get it done.I just find he never seemed to get cuter as he got older , given the experience he has . Little things like in the final v Tyrone when he won a very early free right in front of the posts he just didn’t stick it over the bar himself to get the final hoodoo off his back instead of letting someone else tap it over . Forwards particularly need early touches and early scores to set them up for a good day .

1 Like

Aido takes an unfair amount of flack away from lads that are just as/if not more deserving like Cillian O’Connor. He’s just too honest a trooper.

1 Like

@peddlerscross we drew out the usual suspects something lovely. Aido will be fondly remembered and that for some reason wounds them

1 Like

A Real insight into the needy lads here who just want to be “fondly remembered “ . That’s the type of attitude that has the world absolutely fcuked today.

I wouldnt be a big fan of COC, but he should be very very grateful to Aidan for all his work in making him the player he was. I’m not sure COC will be remembered half as fondly as Aidan. In truth, COC is most likely a Dean Rock, or Paddy Small.

https://twitter.com/sawdoctors/status/1776278593619853502?t=D47JKPv8YOOEE2BPXejtWQ&s=19

wankers

3 Likes