🌬 The Weather Thread part 2

Cody made them cool.

some of them are cool. Cody’s one is puke.

Roasters go out in December with tshirts on…

1 Like

Roasters immune to the cold but they suffer in the heat. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Some classic roasters out and about in the summer. I remember when I worked in Italy, I’d kind of gotten used to the summer heat as I was there year round building up to the heat, and you could spot the roasters a mile off who just arrived in from 12 degrees in Laois to 35 in Rome, sweating their way around the city… You’d spot them; “He’s Irish. Defo. She’s Irish. He’s Irish”…

Thinly veiled I was a roaster in Rome post there.

1 Like

Initially yep :wink: . After a winter and spring leading into the summer, the roaster left me.

But by Jaysus, I turned into a proper roaster in Spain last year. Was managing well for the week, and on one particular day, jaysus, I got a weakness with the heat. Nearly keeled over on the side streets of Almunecar.

Irish spotting is the most roasterish behaviour of all.

The roaster never leaves you, it will always be there, the rest of your days. fighting with Barnes for what Rhah calls “possession of your soul.” There are times since, you’ve no doubt felt like a child, born of two fathers, the roaster you begun life as and this new creation you crave to be. But be that as it may, you have an obligation to build again. To teach to others what you now know, and to try with what’s left of your life to find a goodness and a meaning to this life.

2 Likes

Well, can a roaster not dress like a roaster, or will a roaster always be a roaster? There was some lass on the radio this morning talking about whatever skin type 75% of the Irish have, that people with the same skin type in Italy are banned from using sun beds. So I’d say that 75% of the Irish are roasters whether we like it or not.

I’m Italian.

1 Like

beato te

Guilty

You want to here about a roaster. Back in 2000 I had to go to Orlando on a work thing. I was flying out Paddy’s day. It was fucking baltic. I had a big thick cardigan , combat trousers and a pair of boots you could hibernate in. Flew to Stansted for the connecting flight where it was still baltic.
Got to Orlando late afternoon local time. Airport was air conditioned so took no notice.
Stepped out to get a taxi in 29 degree heat.
It wasn’t fucking pleasent

2 Likes

So you lived in a hot country for a year and adapted to the heat better than lads who were suddenly plunged into it?

4 Likes

A true roaster never knows they are a roaster. They order their carvery with mashed spuds, roast spuds and chips and think it the most natural thing in the world

2 Likes

And that’s when it is over 25 degrees.

1 Like

Have you ever gone from 14 degrees to 36 degrees? To say it has no impact on someone is bullshit.
What I was saying was, I was there in winter, 10 degrees, spring, started in Feb in Rome more or less, and gradually got warmer and warmer leading up to high 30s in August. You’d have people coming from 14 degrees and fresh in Ireland straight into that, out and about sight seeing while the locals were either inside out of the sun or away on holidays doing f*ckall in the heat, like lying on a beach.

Your arse crack must have been a shambles after it.