🌬 The Weather Thread part 2

Jesus, the weather reports must go on all night

They have the same instruments, technology and training,
Do you support firing a meteorologist because RTE reported cold weather and there wasn’t as much snow as you wanted outside your house :man_shrugging:

Do you think meteorologists are exempt from criticism? Not the first time you have come rushing to their defence

There was a lad on radio a year or so ago. Not from met eireann Explaining why weather apps are generally not worth a curse for Ireland as they buy in one square of data and that weather in Ireland as an island in North Atlantic is harder to forecast with accuracy of weather over a large land mass.

Well, it’s a science nowadays, they don’t really make mistakes, any meteorologist anywhere in the world will make very similar forecasts with the evidence they have
A tiny island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean is not without its meteorological challenges.
If they were using less than scientific methods it’d be more fun but less accurate, they are usually spot on

Gene Kerrigan wrote a piece years ago about his time doing weather forecasts on a pirate radio station. He’d look out the window and unless there was a heatwaves or a hurricane the forecast was always sunny spells and scattered showers.

6 Likes

All DLR grass pitches unplayable. Astro unplayable too. All weather :roll_eyes:

https://www.dlrcoco.ie/en/parks-and-outdoors/pitches

1 Like

All the teachers having a whale of a time today. Great aul profession.

great, that means no interference with my lazy saturday plans as madame’s match will be off

My man tells me the website may not be correct.

Fucking lemonade stand op

Gorgeous day in Dublin today. Sunny blue skies and no wind. I’m doing fuck all in work today so out getting as much Vit D as I can

just got the text on the whatsapp: hyde park: closed

Beautiful morning out on the peninsula. I was wondering where all the cars with the snow on the roof were coming from. Clontarf and beyond it seems.

1 Like

I’ve just been told all games cancelled.

Why?

Forecast isnt terrible for the weekend

That’s the way it’s gone these days.

I’d say it’s insurance related

I would, yes

1 Like

We are in for the most miserable two months of weather.

2 Likes

Very Irish of you :+1:

No wonder Poland is a much richer and more successful country than us and we all have to go over there to find well paid work

1 Like