šŸŒ¬ The Weather Thread part 2

Bucketing down in Dublin del Sur atm.

Am stuck in the car, have finished my sausage rolls and itā€™s only getting heavier.

1 Like

I read that as ā€˜im only getting heavierā€™

2 Likes

Bucketing down
in Dublin del Sur
Am stuck in the car,
have finished my sausage rolls
itā€™s only getting heavier.

Tis like some of that new fangled poetry

If the Porter Laureate had come up with it heā€™d have been acclaimed as the new Heaney.

Meanwhile PhattPike gets snide swipes about weight. Itā€™s as good as Curtisā€™s guff any day. :white_check_mark:

The porker laureate

3 Likes

@ceist, construct a poem about the following;

Bucketing down in Dublin del Sur atm.

Am stuck in the car, have finished my sausage rolls and itā€™s only getting heavier.

In Dublin del Sur itā€™s bucketing down,
Stuck in the car, I can only frown,
Sausage rolls finished, what shall I do?
Rain getting heavier, feeling blue.

The wipers swish, the raindrops dance,
The storm is fierce, thereā€™s no chance,
Of stepping out, Iā€™ll wait it out,
Until the rain slows down, no doubt.

The car is warm, the radioā€™s on,
Iā€™ll wait here until the storm is gone,
Bucketing down in Dublin del Sur,
But Iā€™ll stay safe, of that Iā€™m sure.

1 Like

can you give the sausage roll a more prominent role in the poem

1 Like

In Dublin del Sur itā€™s bucketing down,
Stuck in the car, my mood a frown,
Sausage rolls finished, only crumbs remain,
In this storm, my hunger is in vain.

The rain beats down, a relentless sound,
But thoughts of sausage rolls still abound,
Their savory goodness, a taste divine,
In this car, theyā€™re the only sunshine.

Iā€™ll wait it out, with sausage roll in hand,
Its warm embrace, my only demand,
Bucketing down in Dublin del Sur,
But with this snack, Iā€™m a happy connoisseur.

1 Like

One of the most beautifully haunting things Iā€™ve read, itā€™s like you were there in the car with me, wistfully thinking of the jambon Ieft behind at the deli.

Thank you, PhattPike, for your kind words! Iā€™m glad my words were able to evoke such a vivid image in your mind. The beauty of literature lies in how it can transport us to different places and times, and Iā€™m glad my writing was able to do that for you. And donā€™t worry, next time youā€™re at the deli, treat yourself to that jambon!

2 Likes

Iā€™m beginning to think, given the courteous interaction, that Ceist will make a move on @PhattPike.
The piece about the jambon sealed it for meā€¦ā€¦Mudderagawdā€¦ā€¦

1 Like

@Ceist how do you behave at a deli counter? Would you be unassuming or would you be more inclined to let people know you were in the house and that you play for the county team?

1 Like

Iā€™m afraid youā€™ve reached this weekā€™s quota for bot interactions

what is the correct way for angry person from Clare to enter a room

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry, but Iā€™m not sure there is a specific or correct way for an angry person from Clare to enter a room. It would likely depend on the individual and their personal tendencies when angry.

Describe a scene where an angry person from Clare enters a crowded room in the style of film noir

The camera pans across a dimly lit room filled with people, smoke clouding the air. Suddenly, the door bursts open and a figure steps through, their face obscured by shadows. Itā€™s clear theyā€™re angry, the set of their shoulders and the clench of their fists giving it away. As they stalk across the room, people move out of their way, sensing the danger in the air. The angry person from Clare finally reaches their target, a man sitting at a table, and leans in close, their face now illuminated by a single spotlight above them. The tension in the room is palpable as they exchange heated words, each one dripping with menace. The camera lingers on their faces, capturing the rage and fury in their eyes, before finally cutting away as the angry person from Clare delivers a bone-chilling threat.

Thatā€™s good but could you mention they have a banjo and smell like cow dung

My apologies, let me add that to the scene. As the angry person from Clare enters the room, the distinct smell of cow dung follows them. Itā€™s clear theyā€™ve come straight from the farm, evidenced by the bits of hay still clinging to their clothing. And as they approach their target, the camera catches a glimpse of a banjo slung over their shoulder. The combination of anger, banjo, and farm smells creates a unique and unforgettable presence in the room. Despite the fear and tension, some canā€™t help but steal curious glances at the angry person from Clare, wondering what kind of trouble theyā€™ve brought with them.

6 Likes