🌬 The Weather Thread part 2

‘84 was good as well.

1 Like

I took a few sunburns that year.

I can can remember the good summer’s of my yooouf by how many years we made hay which wasn’t a whole pile.

That must have been a 9/10 hour trek in the Cortina was it ?

1 Like

No chemtrails in 1995 tho.

1 Like

I think May/June is the nicest time in Ireland, when the weather is good especially. Everything is in bloom, it’s like the first peak growing period, lovely and lush and green, and lots of silage cutting. Long days as well.
There’s a lovely sweet smell in the countryside of plants, grass, trees, etc, that for me, is very nostalgic.
In fact every silage fucker was on the road last Friday and it took me 3 hours from Mungret to Innishannon for a do. Jaysus.

8 Likes

95 was unrale in Ireland. Spent the summer mostly indoors renovating houses up in Carlow before they call came back to college. Cunt of a job. Evenings spent playing Par 3 golf though. REM/Oasis up in Slane too.

3 Likes

I remember working in a pub. Some mighty nights there. Lads coming in 10 mins before last orders mid week after doing silage ordering 4 pints of Scrumpy Jack to get them through to kick out time! Chips, home to scud the bowl then I’d imagine.

1 Like

imagine wasting your youth on that :grinning:

5 Likes

Was it not a euphenism for riding?

ah sorry, missed that

I just assume when lads talk about going for a few holes, they’re talking riding. They’re hardly actually playing golf?

What was netflix and chill in 95? Listening to tapes in a ford fiesta down the bog road getting a feel?

1985 surely!

1 Like

Nah mate, Xtra-vision and waiting for her aul dears to head off to bed before getting a feel, and then hopping in the 7710 and bouncing off home with a happy head on ya.

2 Likes

95 was a mighty summer. Spent it jumping off Ardnacrusha bridge and swimming around Parteen in general and a week tenting out in Kilkee in between.

1 Like

that was the year it rained non stop. The moving statues year.

3 Likes

That was a terrible summer, every field ploughed up from making silage.I actually think we had to leave the turf on the bog

3 Likes

And plane crashes

2013 was the best summer of them all in my opinion.

We never stopped eating 99’s at lunchtime in school.

1 Like