🌬 The Weather Thread part 2

It’s going to be real bad if projections are correct :see_no_evil:

East cork will row in behind each other. The midleton park got flooded today but cleared the function room to feed people who were evacuated. My neighbour and friends business was destroyed and she was running food to the hospital from her own kitchen. I’ve said it before, I’ve never seen people cut each other in half like people down here but when there is a crisis or something bad, they’re fucking unbelievable

16 Likes

It’s when things are bad that you know what a community is made of.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve seen that a few times over the years down here. They’re good people. Jesus it’s going to be some operation to get it back to where it was.

1 Like

East cork is done as an area, houses wont be insured, property prices will slump

The climate disaster is here

East Cork will thrive like it always has. They aren’t softcock dubs who’ll try grow salad on their window sills

11 Likes

That’s East Cork in one sentence.

Eamon’s 20 euro climate tax on every fill of diesel is really going to fix the climate for us. Fucking cabbage heads…

1 Like

He just introduced a 3bn climate fund, did you miss that?

East Cork people are the finest I’m sure and are going through a difficult time, but this is happening time and time again, and what are they doing to prevent it? What are their politicians doing? Sandbags and snadwiches arent going to solve this.

1 Like

I’ve a relative living near there; the River Tohig flows down the road from his house. Said there was 8 foot of water in it at one stage, when usually it is maybe waist height at it’s deepest. It had returned to normal levels yesterday evening

Poor John.

Surprised he didn’t manage to fit in a few more hashtags.
Ah sure he can plant a Bonsai bush to soothe his feelings.

What a cunt.
The main man arguing against putting mitigation measures

4 Likes

i think he is arguing that mitigation measures arent enough?

can you post up some of tweets relating to this

you owe the people of Middleton an apology

a very reasonable post by Joan here - @MountLeinster lot all seething in their responses & all experts about the drains systems of east cork

I bet @Fagan_ODowd is the type who would keep a pair of galoshes for such events

Nah.