🌬 The Weather Thread part 2

Was it a river that burst it’s banks in Midleton?

Yep, the Owenacurra. The Kiltha burst it’s banks in Castlemartyr. Not sure if the river in Killeagh.

@EstebanSexface 010220 “im sick and tired of these weather warnings, nanny state bullshit”

@EstebanSexface 181023" wtf, why was it only an orange warning"

1 Like

I hope you get a good post for all that effort mate

1 Like

The owenacurra yeah.

The dissour flows down from glenbower close to killeagh.

1 Like

My professional expertise is on storm overflows/discharges in England & Wales more so than Eire. But apart from the climate change element & more severe weather events occurring, is it simply a case that our sewers were built c.100 years ago & drainage systems aren’t fit for purpose? @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy please take that query.

Ye are well away from the worst of it?

We’ve a stream running at the back of our place that burst out on to our road but we were grand. The last house in our estate took water. The village took an awful hammering at the bottom of our hill last night. There was 4 foot of water in the chipper

3 Likes

Power and water etc intact?

We need to privatise irish water

Power sound. Boil water in place, but we’ve had that for close to 3 years bar the last 2 months. It’s been an ongoing thing in whitegate. There’s murmours here that the work done at the bottom of the hill to fix the water quality meant the water had nowhere to flow. They made shit of the village

1 Like

The climate nazis like @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy seem to be against putting any flood protection or warning systems in place.

2 Likes

So do the county councils. Strange bedfellows

We’ve seen nothing. Parts of Scotland are getting fucked in the next day or two….fucked? Proper fucked!

Ah jesus

1 Like

That’s the inch over by killeagh heading to mount uniack. Mother of divine jaysus. A road evaporated beyond between cloyne and ladysbridge this morning as well

Fucking cagers will park anywhere

2 Likes

If there was proper maintenance plans in place of open & pipes waterways in this country employment would be stimulated & damage from excessive flooding would be minimised. Win - Win….

Pressure points are known and basically ignored in the hope these weather only come once in a blue moon

Good to hear all ok with you pal.

I had it in my head you were out around Midleton direction (?) so was checking in on this thread.

Fucking catastrophic for many families and businesses in your area.