šŸŒ¬ The Weather Thread part 2

When you told the lads on the stag theyā€™d be balls deep in one of the 3 sisters this isnā€™t what they had in mind.

37 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

Cough @TreatyStones

That deserves a ten come lads :sweat_smile:

DCM in the pissing rain would be epic for the forums jogging community

I for one hope itā€™s bucketing down :+1:

Delighted to give that number 10

1 Like

I donā€™t want to get you too excited but at the moment itā€™s looking like it could be perfect conditions

1 Like

Is George Lee talking sense on the news for a change?

I was attempting to sell food defences to councils not too long ago. Very simple system, easily deployed, easily stored etc

Every council declined as they had annual contracts with sand suppliers and it would cost jobs (ie the lad on the sand and shovel).

In saying that, many of the public were equally exasperating. Iā€™d be shown photos of their house looking like the hidden Atlantis. ā€œCouncil couldnā€™t get to us with bags in time"etc. " oh, this will be perfect for you so, no need to rely on councilā€. ā€œAh no, cant see it happening againā€

Thereā€™s no figuring some.

2 Likes

I definitely would not run. I hate running in the rain, yet alone for 26.2 miles in it

3 Likes

Hmmmm

Too far out to predict rain. The general pattern itself is for reasonably settled. Youā€™ll have a better idea after the weekend.

Control the controllables

1 Like

Iā€™ve full faith in your prediction

1 Like

Are you Shane Curran

1 Like

Ha! No, but came across that Headbanger. Last I hear, he was doing projects in Mogadishu

Whatā€™s the typical set up for a house ?

Few elements including sandless sandbag for the want of a better word. The Oldman patented some designs based off a material wed been using for years, nonwoven polypropylene, for our grocery bag program.

You get the equivalent of 20 sandbags in a cereal sized box. Store anywhere you want, there when needed. Water rises, just the drop the bag in the water and self-inflates off the water in 3 mins to weigh 22kgs. Can then place and shape like a normal sandbag or soak up excess water.

Had them in b&q, Homebase, load of smaller hardware stores. But not really a retail product and people only coming looking for it when their toes are in the water. No one does preparation in advance!

The Oldman got and remains sick and Iā€™d grown tired of not being able to make the changes I thought needed to be made. Along came COVID, primary material masks and gown is also nwpp, so blew material costs 5 fold so laid it to rest. For a while anywayā€¦

8 Likes

The best time to sell flood insurance is after a floodā€¦

Not in Cork anyways

Orange rainfall warning for Dublin. In for a rotten evening.

If working in the office today Iā€™d advise to head for home now.

1 Like