🌬 The Weather Thread part 2

I was living in Cork City when 2009 flood hit. Our gaff was on Western Road, next to UCC gates. County Council decided to open Iniscarra Dam gates that November day, there was a man who was suspected of having fallen into the river and this was part of the reason for opening them.

Remember waking up hearing water, thinking I’d left the tap on in the ensuite. Only to discover the water was coming up through the manholes on the road, and flowing in through our house, out the back decking and into the Lee, which was directly behind us. It was surreal. Luckily I had nothing of value downstairs and the caretaker sorted things out for us with dehumidifiers. My car survived thank jeebus.

1 Like

the blackwater?

That’s the GAA for you. Putting the community first.

5 Likes

You look like a man who could be on his way to drug test the Champ Champ Conor Notorious McGregor!

1 Like

yes, do the things that will stop making climate change worse- thats logical

You’d hope the right thing will be done here and a nice big 200K can be directed towards then in the next SCG.

But leave the Mideltons and the Clonlaras and the Athleagues swim in the meantime, yep that logical

do both mate - its not that hard of a concept

muldoons denying climate change & being anti Eamon Ryan than being up in arms when climate change washes their towns away is irksome

Just fucking say that then :smiley:
Look up irksome in dictionary find the_selfish_giant

Classic Raven here.

1 Like

What about those who accept climate change is happening, but do not believe man is the cause of it.

No the river in question joins the blackwater a few miles downriver

The Allow?

irksome too

There was a lot of work done in Ennis along the Fergus in the last 5 years. Raised the artificial banks. It’s not far from the estuary so no down river flooding issues

ADMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

1 Like

The allow and Dalua join and it’s the Dalua then

1 Like

Lot of emphasis here on ‘bad’ flooding. Im going kayaking on the Barrow tomorrow and its gonna be savage with all this water.

1 Like

:astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

Watch out for the logs pal.

And the bits of trees too.

1 Like