šŸŒ¬ The Weather Thread part 2

The sun always sets in the West unless Iā€™m mistaken.

3 Likes

Itā€™s ok

No shit smart arse?

Unencumbered sunset if you want to be pedantic

I see met eireann have taken to - sunny in partsā€¦ Foggy in areasā€¦ Some ice in placesā€¦ Temps range between 2 and 8 degrees.

No attempt to name or pin point areas that might have ice/fog/ sun,/ rain

Do you want them to zip up your coat for you as well?

7 Likes

Listen fucko, If I want to know the weather i look out the windowā€¦ Iā€™m merely laughing at their ineptness. They should just stop providing updates as they canā€™t do it. Theyā€™re useless at their job.

Where are you getting your updates from?
Thereā€™s a free app that will give you the weather for your front garden, local radio otherwise :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I donā€™t bother usually. I just happened on rte on radio one this morning and found the vagueness amusing.

Is it too much to ask that the radio forecast gives him an hour by hour forecast for his street?

I didnā€™t hear it but Iā€™d often have radio 1 on and have no issue with the reports

On a day like today Iā€™d say the weather was the same everywhere, a bit colder on higher ground etc but much of a muchness

It wouldnā€™t be hard to say colder in Munster. Rain in the east ā€¦ And thereā€™s a big difference between 2 and a balmy 8 degrees. Theyā€™re just inept but it was amusing all the same

High of 8 low of 2?

Thatā€™s fairly common weather speak since forever

Would you like if they told you what time to expect the 8 and the 2?

Which weather report was it, the 8 o clock news on R1 just did a nice one

It was an accidental listen i donā€™t expect anything from them, Iā€™m not sure why youā€™re taking it personally. Their warnings are nearly always wrong and their weather updates give no update. Iā€™m not sure what the point of them on tv or radio is. We need to defund met eireann.

Okie doke :+1:
Have it your way :man_shrugging:

Byroads were lethal in the Mid West Northern parts of Tipperary this morning.

Anything shaded at all was dangerous into the afternoon.

Great weather all the same, great to slow down the pace of the travel all the same.

Shur you admitted up above they just throw out vague reports, whatā€™s the point of that? Time to defund them

Gorgeous morning here on the south easterly tip of county Waterford. Just back from a bracing walk to the harbour

Is Powers still open?

We went in there one mid-day, mid-week, years ago and the place was absolutely rocking.
Seemingly all the boats were just in together. Why I donā€™t know.

1 Like

It is indeed. Best pub in the village. The Spinnaker is gone sadly.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a light breeze there this morning which adds an extra chill to proceedings