🌬 The Weather Thread part 2

Car says 9° but it doesn’t feel it when outside.

Grand day all the same

It was still cold on the sideline
this afternoon.

Looks like a bit of a storm could affect the East coast on Thursday evening, might fizzle out but worth keeping an eye on.

I see the long term forecasters were saying a cold blast at the end of the week, well according to 3 or 4 articles put out by the lesder on fb anyways

I’m not seeing any major cold spell.

1 Like

Coming up from South?

Not seeing anything on the usual Windy.com app which is usually good tbf

I dont believe any of those forecasts anyway just wait and see. The day before is usually accurate but a week out always changes

The wind is going to change to the north west for the next few weeks making it colder in Northern Ireland and Scotland. They just don’t know how far it will push down yet.

I find the BBC long range very good. If they’re not sure then they say that and give a few possible outcomes.

Problem is some media outlets snatch at the most dramatic possibilities.

The BBC are simply predicting below average temperatures for February.

1 Like

The BBC isn’t forecasting weather mate

Similar to RTÉ weather then?
BBC and RTÉ are both taking from weather services which use the same instruments and data etc,

Possible beast from the east headline every year because some crackpots chickens are facing a certain way every morning

Poor start to proceedings here in suburban Portlaoise. A lot of rain.

apocalypse now horror GIF by Maudit

2 Likes

Smashing day out there today, absolutely smashing.

3 Likes

The rothar to work will be back out shortly

1 Like

Mornings like this, youd be only too be happy to.be off out on it.

4 Likes

@TreatyStones

This snow warning, are they over egging it?

Well it’s only a yellow warning so they aren’t over egging it to be fair. It’s as likely to fall as sleet / rain as snow.