🌬 The Weather Thread part 2

In all fairness, FFS,you’d think we were on top of Everest :thinking: liberty insurance advice ref Lorenzo’

1 Like

These weather warnings have been mana from heaven for media outlets since they were introduced.

Hype, hype, hype, then have a cut off Met Eireann when it’s not as bad as the papers made out.

1 Like

I’m trying to remember what warnings were like pre the warning system, I think there might have been a segment on the 9 o’clock news the night before saying “it’ll get windy”.

Think Storm Darwin caught a lot of people out. Was talking to the father earlier and we both agreed that was “the big one” in recent memory. Ophelia was big but we were well prepared for it, it came at a similar time of year when there were still leaves on the trees and it also came from an odd direction, felling trees that would normally be more sheltered in storms. Darwin caused unexpected carnage.

1 Like

Weather warnings are only for townies who wouldn’t know the difference between a good day and a bad day. I’m going mackerel fishing later on

1 Like

There was a yellow weather warning last Monday, did you know that ?

In aldi

I wouldn’t pay any real heed to yellow warnings.

1 Like

Well three quarters of the country seemingly do

Darwin was some craic.

I’ve said it already on this thread, but Yellow warnings are just weather. Red and Orange are all that’s needed.

The big issue is people not understanding the warnings.
Yellow level is really just advisory, a heads up that it will be a little wetter/windier than normal.

1 Like

28 degrees and still here in south eastern Utah. If anything a bit too warm at times

3 Likes

Roads awash with drunk drivers?

1 Like

The warnings save lives. Red warnings mean businesses close so no decision for staff to make and people staying indoors does mean a few lives are saved.

Fully agree, Darwin did untold with little or no warnings.

Has there been a Red Warning issued up North???

scenes

Bingo has been CANCELLED tonight in Cappamore. This is serious guys

3 Likes

FYI information
if thats only gusting 55 knots in the Atlantic 300km from shore the most you will see in a harbour is 10-15 “gusting” 25
its on life support already

call it off FFS

1 Like

roches point had a >80knt gust during orphelia
this thing is done lads if wind is only 55kn off shore in the NW atlantic that is colder than a southerly from Biscay anyway that we saw during orphelia

the cold is killing it - a hurricine cant approach from that far north
will a jet stream give it a boost?

brown bread

1 Like