🌬 The Weather Thread part 2

RTE news doing their level best to hype this up

2 Likes

All we’re missing is a Prime Time special.

Just to summarise, the current reading of the situation is as follows:

• this won’t affect the majority of people in any significant way, especially those on the east coast.
  • people on the very west/north west will get some high gusts but it wont be anything exceptional in terms of the storms of the past few years.
  • avoid unnecessary road travel tomorrow night in the west of the country, as there is potential for trees to come down even if the gusts aren’t that high.
8 Likes

As per usual our own resident meteorologist cuts through the hoopla and calls it in plain terms as to what to expect

1 Like

That should put a lot of minds at ease. Those experts are talking through their holes half the time.
One flute was whizzing red zones in a smooth North Easterly direction up to the end of the Mayo coastline when they abruptly veered sharply Eastward in my direction.

My initial thought was of a big buck Guard with his arm pointing to Sligo and then, following the Mayo thread, a vision of an irate TJ Morris, wild eyed, foaming at the mouth and ruddy cheeked crossed my mind.

Now it’s a nothing to fear here scenario. Keep up the good work.

3 Likes

Are Estuary dwellers along the Western seaboard such as yourself in any danger with regards to excessive sea swells?

1 Like

He operates a Facebook page with a few others as well but posts the daily forecast first as MT Cranium on boards.ie
In fairness to them/him, they are fairly sharp at denouncing any red top or similar sensationalism when it comes to extreme forecasts.

i.e. a bit of a breeze

We’re currently up in Centre Parcs surrounded by trees. Mrs wondering should we head back east early tomorrow just in case. My initial reaction to when she comes with a potentially good idea is to always disagree. I can’t do a u turn now.

How is it pal. Heading there in a few weeks.

Great for kids of all ages. Nice and quiet this week. Bit manic during peak season I hear. We love it.

1 Like

No update on 8 hours? What the fuck?

This may turn into a general minor to non-event

But

the possibility of that faster right turn has to be respected

Lovely base covering on boards

Normal day in west Kerry.

When is this storm kicking off.? A little breeze in Limerick.

It’s absolutely fcuking freezing on the mainland. Calm though.

Worst of it in Limerick will be between midnight and 3am.
Should still be windy tomorrow morning up to 9 or 10 am.

1 Like