The Weather Thread

Played the second half of a match last night in driving hail stones, they were non stop for an hour. Unreal.

That wind would cut you in half.

Were you able to run between them?

:grinning:

Did @Smark finally head down to ride that wan off tinder?

Going to be raging when he gets back to his car.

1 Like

We don’t say stuff like that up in the big shmoke.

I see Abbeyfeale GAA pitch is flooded again after the Feale burst it’s banks for the second time this year.

2 Likes

sounds like a very long second half

4 Likes

40 degrees here in Siem Reap every day for past week or so. Rainfall way down in past 24 months. Having devastating impact on many of the 85% of Cambodians who live in rural areas

2 Likes

the sweat must be pouring off ya riding the young ones in the shanty towns for 1 dollar

5 Likes

Fine day in the Lower Harbour Area (LHA) of Cork. Blue sky, light S/W breeze, good drying weather…

What sort of Visa are you on? 12 month? 24 month thing? Are they strict on it, it has to be legit the whole thing?

I played the second half of a match yesterday uphill and into a driving wind.
We lost the second half by 2-11 to no score. I don’t think the ball got to their end line.

Bucketing down hard in Capitol City for about 3 hours now. Biblical shit.

choose a good day to head down

4 Likes

On a work visa. Renew every 12 months. Not in the least bit strict. Very easy to acquire.

I played Junior B hurling yesterday in the most Junior B of conditions. Driving rain, freezing cold, pitch like a swamp. You could hardly grip the hurley it was so cold. Clearances going about 20 yards, balls stuck in the mud and lads taking 5 or 6 tries to pick it. Absolutely horrendous stuff. I couldn’t get warm all day after it. That said conditions like that suit me down to the ground. Slow moving targets :dart:

5 Likes

Tries.

For Fucks Sake.

Indeed