The Weather Thread

Minus 14 here today. Bit of snow overnight but roads all cleared at 7am.

Get one of these hats lads. There’s a fleece material lining the inside of it and it’s unrale.

http://europe.nflshop.com/stores/nfl/en/c/headwear/type/knits

Was Snowing out of a blue sky in manc this morning. It’s all a bit odd.
Had to scrape a hard frost off the car at 5am yesterday in galway.

From boards…

Later in the week outlook

OUTLOOK … If the milder air and rain does spread over large portions of Ireland (considered about 50% likely at this point) the snow would melt rather quickly leading to widespread flooding, how severe depending on snow pack and rainfall amounts. Temperatures would rise to about 7 C and then there would be several days of unsettled weather with further rain or sleet and mostly southeasterly winds. If the snow hangs on and cold air stays in place, expect a much slower moderation with sleet or drizzle at times, highs near 4 C, and some chance of a return to very cold conditions by about the 7th or so (about a 40% chance of this outcome). There is even a chance of severe cold and further snow continuing for days beyond Friday 2nd (10% chance).

I just want enough snow to have the day off Friday and make a snowman with the children.

4 Likes

There’s some amount of pretend weatherman weirdos on boards.

4 Likes

Whats the best technique for building the snowman lads?

The roll technique is tried and tested.

Snow has to be yellow first bro.

I also want to go tobogganing.
The Famous Five were always going tobogganing.

2 Likes

:joy:

Its the safe option thats for sure. Any maverick snowman builders out there?

Lashing of ginger ale, and off they went, juiced to the gills.

1 Like

The fuckers were only 10 and 12. These days if you sent a 12 year old off into the hills to fight an international smuggling ring, you’d be arrested for it. Tis the way things are gone I suppose.

5 Likes

Roll is too slow. Alright for the head only.

Shovel a block of snow and shape with the shovel is for mor efficient.

We used have a cracking tobaggon made from the skin of an old washing machine tensed with electric cable. Sharp edges hammered and doubled back. I wish I still had it this week if we get proper snow

You’ve a bit of warning there, you could have one slapped together this evening in the garage there ready to go by Wednesday.

Having made a snowman with the youngsters during the last snowfall, I did find that the roll method was a bit of a misnomer. Combined with the ground being further away than it used to be, I will be trying out your method this week all going well.

Supercheat … use a wheelbarrow to collect

Gamechanger.

You wouldn’t toboggan spuds to ducks.

1 Like

Just use an 18:6:12 bag.

3 Likes