The Weather Thread

A few flakes of snow spitting down in Dublin City Centre. It begins.

I wish you and your family well in the coming days, mate. Stay safe.

I am due to fly to the UK on Friday.

Can the forum’s aviation experts offer a view on the snow readiness of Dublin Airport.

Won’t be a chance of you flying out of Dublin on Friday morning.

2 Likes

The UK will gone by Friday. It’ll be reminiscent of “the day after tomorrow”.

As Salthill usually features prominently once we start experiencing any kind of “weather”, can you offer an opinion on whether Galway will have a pitch above water available for the playing of the highly-anticipated Round 5 Allianz Hurling League 1B clash between Galway and Limerick?

For once Galway is actually out of the firing line and should escape with relatively minimal snow/rain. Going by the current forecasts I’d say the match will go ahead Sunday (unless there are concerns about travel).

1 Like

The only way it’ll go ahead would be as an Ice Hockey game on Lough Corrib.

1 Like

That is the certainty I value.

This thing is only news because it may affect soft eastern cunts.

It’ll be grand here on the Irish Riviera.

We’ll be fine, but the Tipp lads will be trading their mud wall cabins for igloos.

1 Like

I am on a red eye Wednesday morning to the UK. Will be driving to the airport at 4.30am :open_mouth:. Due back in Dublin on Thursday afternoon.

You’d want your head examined mate

You’ll get there ok but you can forget about getting back to Limerick on Thursday evening.

Surely the U.K. TFK division could accommodate you for a few extra days. The east coast is ramping up for a hammering here.

Any pretend weathermen / pretend runners able to advise on any techniques on how to run pushing a buggy during the snow?

2 Likes

Abandon mission.

Has anyone asked Frostbit boy for his opinion?

have you tried sticking your thumb up your arse?

Yep, it keeps it nice and warm