The Weather Thread

You should be sacked for this. You were way off.

Where was I off ?

Very high spring tide in Limerick city now, no sign of snow yet though @TreatyStones.

Clancy strand etc could flood…its very high.

Q1 GDP and GNI figures are going to take a big hit with Dublin being hit so far.

1 Like

They reckoned on news its been worse than all met eireann expectations so far and the worst is yet to come.

Your meterological career will mirror George Lee’s political career, starting with such promise and great fanfare and ending in such a disappointment.

I’m listening to that shite all week.

A metre! Batten down the hatches in the capital chaps

Ah come on Appendage. It’s Ireland. You can’t tell lads the real time or they’ll wait in the pub until actual kickoff. It’d be like Dub’s fans leaving Meagher minutes before a match. Send them home a few hours early so even the stragglers are on Netflix by the time the shit hits the fan.

Be some flooding if a metre falls. I am right in that reverse rain shadow. We have had about 5cm since this morning

Sleet falling in mid-Cork. Emma winning the early rounds with the Beast.

snowing constantly all day in Offaly too. My sources tell me the line from Dublin Louth across to Galway to get the worst of this. It will be windy elsewhere

Sean Hogan & @TreatyStones should walk the plank for this cataclysmic fiasco

Me hoop.

It was a thaw day in West Tipperary.

They effectively shut the whole country down for nothing. A day lost for fuck all.

I wouldn’t say fuck all. It was a Bonanza for the supermarkets & Pat the baker.

Raining on the Peninsula.

Perfect day where I was too. But cork city is completely banjaxed only 30 miles away

Banjanxed because all Council Officials were stood down when they should of been treating & clearing Roads.

Look at Limerick on the News this evening, bone dry with fuck all snow & the apes telling people to be home for 4pm.

A monumental fuck up.

Most weather people seem to think this is a once in a generation event, I can understand the caution on a small island like ours.

2 Likes

The airport is closed for the last 36 hours too kid :joy:. There has been heavy snowfall freezing temperatures and they are due high spring tides which might flood the city centre…but sure Im alright jack above in west tipp :wink:

1 Like