The wedding music thread

They are Spanish based - about an hour travel - providing all equipment — providing drinks reception as well I should have said and for around what you quoted — we have a string trio + vocals for church at about €500

So around 4k ---- She’s happy.

The older I get I tend to spend more time in the residents bar at weddings . The music is very loud and it is hard to engage in conversation . You are meeting folk you mightn’t meet very often .

1 Like

All well and good, and I’ve done it may times as a younger wedding goer, or at weddings where I’d hardly know the bride and groom, but for a family wedding, cousin etc, its not really the done thing to fuck off and spend the entire night in the Bar. An hour or so should suffice.

I’d agree, and That’s why we went for the acoustic set, mate -let people mingle. Then when they are boozed up let the DJ commence battle.

1 Like

The thing is that more and more are doing it . The key is to pop in for the odd dance and act the eegit and you will be fine . I accept some WAGs can be very needy .

You mustn’t have many older people at it?

I think you’ve chosen wisely. It used to be “oh we need the band for the waltzes for the older folk etc” shite, but then the older folk get blown out of it by some cunt of a band and no ones happy.

A mix - mainly 30 somethings tho — the setting, it being in Spain and outdoors for the band part, was perfect for an acoustic set.

1 Like

Fuck sake farmer. You can’t enjoy your wedding night because of a few songs? You’d a group of people there to celebrate your big day. You’re an awful contrary fella sometimes.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Go way will ya.

1 Like

What was your first dance to, kid?

Hang the DJ?

9 Likes

Zing!

:sweat_smile: What’s the Spanish for mugged off

1 Like

I usually charge ten grand. i’m doing it for five as my wedding present to @ChocolateMice