The wedding music thread

So the couple paid some bird a lot of money to play a few records the day after the wedding for people who had a lot of drink on board .

The madness of the noughties is back .

1 Like

Correct - she was ace

2 Likes

You’ll need a 100 as the wedding won’t finish till 7am?

I went with an indie band for my wedding with a lad staying on as DJ.

I gave them complete leeway in terms of music for the band. They were indie and they threw out a few indie testers which weren’t working really bad a few. So they mainly played standard stuff which was fine as the dance floor needed to be kept going.

I had mentioned about having a playlist for the DJ. He said sound - give him 30 songs and he would use that as the basis for his set. With some possible variation here and there. I slaved over which 30 songs to pick and my eventual selection was very pop orientated (I will put up the list here at some stage). It was about an hour in and I realised he has played about 2 songs from the 30 so I went over to him and fucked him out of it. He responded with ‘oh sorry I forgot you are into your music’ which I took great issue with as he seemed to suggest that somehow I was blame for the situation. He then rolled out my list for the remaining half hour or so and the dance floor was rocking - I was too buling though to enjoy it. Still over half the songs weren’t played and myself and the missus still lament that fact. Load of fucking shite.

My advice is to get the iPod out for the DJ part. Alternatively lie on the cunts - otherwise they will treat you like just another wedding with the same dross being rolled out.

My wedding DJ gave us a list of over 500 songs and said “pick the ones you like from there”. He did however add in that, in certain circumstances, if he thinks the place is dead, and some hip cunt of a song is playing, he will finish it out and do whatever it takes to get the dancefloor hopping again. He also made no bones about it, that if that meant Amarillo or the fucking birdie song, he’d play it. I said grand, and left him off. Lifes too short. People danced, trousers were rolled up, ties went around heads, a grand time was had.

3 Likes

Thankfully there isn’t one roaster attending my wedding. Our DJ is a top club DJ and cost 5k so there will be no fucking around here with birdy songs… We’ve gone for an acoustic set after dinner out on the lawn instead of a band that no one will be interested in… I hate wedding bands and think they are pointless.

That sounds beautiful bro, may god bless your union.

But that @Phil_Leotardo fucker is as roaster as they come.

Sounds fucking horrific.

Fair play.

1 Like

You fucking mug

It was unrale. Jaysus the sweat was rowling up us.

I was at a wedding two weeks ago in England where the bride and groom requested that every attendee send in request as part of the RSVP as to what they wanted to be played that night.

Ended up with some right bizarre shit playing and an empty dance floor aside from a few kids running around it

2 Likes

That was only half of what we had budgeted for so we are happy out.

Sometimes a man has to lep around to “Dont Stop Believing” or “Song 2” by Blur. Thats just how it is.

Ye budgeted 10k for music?

Who drew that budget up? Madness.

You can get high quality bands to do the whole day for you from ceremony to residence bar for a third of that.

Yeah heard it was a disaster alright.

1 Like

None of that kind of music was played. A heap of teenybopper shite

Off to the bar for the night with you.

Ah, i’m only hopping balls - we’ve got a 2 hour acoustic set by trio and a DJ - one of the trio - for less than 5k.

That’s still saucy enough. Are they travelling?

The big wedding bands in Dublin are around €3500 for the full day, ceremony, instrumental for the drinks reception, 5 piece band for the evening and DJ.