The wedding music thread

Also “Don’t Stop Believing” will get people up

3 Likes

B52s Love Shack and this were two surprising choices at my own wedding that went down very well indeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSC9cgvtkRs

3 Likes

There isn’t an occasion on this green earth that calls for Greenday

3 Likes

Galway Girl is another one that’ll get em back up when they’ve sat down

Can’t go wrong there @Julio_Geordio
Perhaps your best suggestion to date

I’ve never DJ’ed professionally but I took control of the tunes Legends in New York after Ireland v Croatia in Euro 2012. Plugged my phone into the sound system and away we went. Bar was a mixture of Irish, Croats, Americans and loads of other Johnny Foreigners. A bit of U2, Notorious BIG, Abba, Take That, Wolfe Tones, Johnny Logan, pretty easy to come up with a banging playlist, I just did it off the top of my head and played requests from the better looking girls. Maniac 2000 was probably the hit of the evening. Barman insisted on writing off my $150 tab due to my stellar performance. If I wasn’t so fond of conference calls, status meetings and spreadsheets I would consider it as career.

6 Likes

Well the bride is from Galway and all but…

Ah the cunts will love that so.

Signed Sealed Delivered by Stevie Wonder is a great wedding song I think.

Celebrate (This Party’s over) by an Emotional Fish would get the feet tapping. It would have to be the last song so dunno would it be a goer.

1 Like

Did we get an age profile here @caulifloweredneanderthal?

Some Sultan of Ping? The Stunning’s Brewing Up a Storm?

They can fuck off back home. They’re down in Limerick for the big day - they’ll get Denis Allen instead.

You’ve got to fight, for your right to paAAAAARRRTTTTAAAAYYYY

1 Like

Sultans is on my list for sure. Talking mid 30s mbb.

1 Like

Brewing Up A Storm is a must.

2 Likes

Pal - no shit, but I got a google doc spreadsheet going for this wedding.

It could be a career choice yet

Some GnR?

Sweet Child of Mine
Welcome to the Jungle
Paradise City

Probably Sweet Child for a wedding. Any of them would work though. Have the album on tape so might rig a walkman up to the mixer.

Aon Focal Eile

CC @farmerinthecity

Nailed on winner right here

Someone said rock the boat? Who the fuck does rock the boat nowadays