The who is going in to work versus who is (Not)WFH/taking AL tomorrow thread?

I live with three women. That’s a bigger threat to me than the virus

9 Likes

On a site in the morning to figure how to deal with this mess. WFH from around 11 o’clock then

Mind yourself

1 Like

I had tomorrow booked off from a few weeks ago but will be wfh on Wednesday for the foreseeable. Good chance there will be very little work to do by the end of this week though.

I mostly WFH anyways, so tomorrow will really be nothing new. I don’t forsee current events changing things majorly in the short-medium term. Had one client coming over from the mainland in the next week or two and was meant to Netherlands-bound the first week of April, but both events will be AR CEAL for the foreseeable future.

You need to get @Chucks_Nwoko in to keep your outgoings to a minimum.

1 Like

I worked from home on Thursday and Friday and will be doing so for the next month as will all of my office.

I’m fortunate in my own situation. Have my own business, no employees and built an office on the property, so working from home is just another day really. No plans for any site visits and going to cancel any proposed meetings. Again, fortunate that work is OK for the next while, nothing affecting things for at least next couple of months. How things will go after is anyone’s guess tho, so then being self employed may not be the best situation as there is no guarantee for things then on. Will just ride it out and hopefully we get thru the worst of it in the next 4 to 6 weeks.

2 Likes

I am shut down for 2 weeks but will be a lot more than that I reckon. A lot of paper type work to do in next few days which I can do from home.

We’ll both be working from home for the rest of the month in line with the government request / guidance. I imagine that will be extended on both counts.

We’ve had our boy at home since Wednesday afternoon, as someone sent their sick baby into crèche last Monday and the other four toddlers got (not Covid-19) sick in the aftermath too. :rage:

I used a family support day last Thursday and would have had to dip into holidays to mind him on Friday, until Varadkar stepped up to the plate and allowed me to work from home on Friday.

It’s nigh on possible to get any work done in the company of a 20-month old, if your partner is actually working. He’s too old to sleep like a baby all day and he’s not old enough to do his own thing for a concerted period of time. Plus he was sick in fairness to him and needed attention/minding/interaction.

Hopefully we’ll be able to tag team this week as I probably should do a bit.

1 Like

I remember posting around the time that you got the promotion that you should try and mind yourself. Your post on this thread makes me worry more. Between your condition and the virus, you should focus on spending time with the 3 women rather than pushing yourself even more.

I accept I know very little about you Mike other than what you’ve posted here and I mean no offence by this so apologies if I’m overstepping the mark. It’s purely out of concern.

8 Likes

Things will have to get done and frankly, there’ll be new opportunities. Some of the older heads in Irish business who think offices are their kingdom are going to have to quickly get used to Zoom.

There’s several very important industries in for a really torrid time but that’s the same everywhere and there will be help there.

How would you see professional services firms managing? It’s going to be very difficult to collect cash as some key areas of the economy go into shutdown.

Working from home till after Easter, but will have to go back at that point , if there’s something to go back to. Who knows what any of our industries will look like in a month’s time.

1 Like

Whast is zoom?

No you’re not over stepping it at all. Tbh work is an escape for me at the moment. Part of me is afraid to stay at home as it would give me too much time to think about what’s ahead. The fact that I absolutely love my job is also a factor.
Then theres also the fact that I’m a stubborn (old) cunt

11 Likes

Web conferencing software.

1 Like

Take a step back and pause and have a think about it pal.

WFH but will prob end up playing indoor soft football with the little fella most of the day. Need to figure out how to get the Instant Messager to look active.

Lots of work is going to start coming from banks and the State.

1 Like