The who is going in to work versus who is (Not)WFH/taking AL tomorrow thread?

Zuckerberg threatened to alter the rate of pay for US employees based on the state tax rate they moved to. Lads on California salaries were earning double their normal pay in somewhere like Texas or Arkansas I think. Same will happen around EU I would presume if people try to not move back to Dublin

1 Like

Ah yeh, its the dream alright. A few I know who are contracting headed off to Cyprus and rented an apartment. Permanent staff will need to be regularly domiciled in country of employment for tax purposes

Buggy running, laughter yoga and strawberry picking. The triangle of positive mental health

2 Likes

Huge emerging industry

1 Like

I heard of one Aussie who fucked off home from Canada. Booked the kids into school in Oz. Told no one!

1 Like

So you said earlier you worked a solid 3 hours today which is way more productive than when you were in the office?

MS Teams is mighty for keep an eye on cunts who are WFH. I can see when Geraldine has gone to bring in the clothes from the line and know damn well when Martin is out feeding the cows.

1 Like

I can’t get my head around fellas being happy to be sitting in their bedrooms for 40 or 50 hours a week doing Zoom calls.

7 Likes

People are by and large cunts mate. The less interaction the better.

At least you’d have a few stories to tell after coming home from a day in the office?

2 Likes

I can do the above in Clare and have a kitchen island. Office work involves renting a shoebox

1 Like

It’s time like this that building the big house on the acre with an island, play room and home office really hits the spot.

God help those poor cunts who bought houses in Lucan and Naas.

1 Like

The island is a grand place to be dialed into a conf call while you’re making the dinner for the kids in the evening. Big and wide enough so you know they can’t get at the keyboard and accidentally turn on your camera

1 Like

Many a slow cooker has been loaded during a Teams call :clap:

I’d say IDA told google to get the lads back …

Already a principle with a lot of companies if say… No loss nó gain basis…but when it is your choice where to live its a different ball game…

A pal of mine worked from home for the guts of 15 years before his employer knew about it. Working for a big company which was prev a semi state… The entire Dept did it and kept shtum

1 Like

Ah of course. Sure NY or SF salaries would be ridiculous based on the cost of living there but that’s all changed now. There’ll be bean counters in every large multinational licking their lips at a ‘salary normalisation’ scheme of some sort to piss off folks who moved to a cheaper area

2 Likes

I think they are going to set up sort of regional offices in rural towns where people can operate out of, just to get out of the house.

Anything would be better than being stuck inside your own house for 40 or 50 hours a week I’d say.

The likes of regional Regus offices would probably be an ideal scenario for many. But would potentially be a massive security risk for the likes of @TreatyStones