The Wire

How’d he end up with that ape Ziggy as a son. He deserved better

Ziggy was gas.

Ziggy deserved a better father than Frank.

1 Like

Ziggy was a product of his upbringing. Frank exposed his son to a lot of crazy shit, and the poor kid didn’t stand a chance. That said, Season 2 was a phenomenal sociopolitical commentary rolled up into a season of TV.

Just started rewatching season 3 last week, my personal fave, Would hamsterdam work? Avon and Marlo, it wasn’t about the money, just the reputation. The conflict in Omar, the transformation of cutty. By a mile Carcettis best season.

2 Likes

3 is my fav

2 Likes

It’s the thinking man’s season

1 Like

The guy who created the Wire has written a musical about The Pogues and is producing it with Druid.

Its not a musical about The Pogues.

Has Fitzy got this completely wrong?

Is it a film/doc on the Pogues?

No.

Its a musical set in an Irish pub in the Hell’s Kitchen neighbourhood of 90s New York. The musical will feature a number of ghosts and explore the early stages of gentrification in the area.

It will simply be using the music of The Pogues to tell this story.

@Fitzy has made an absolute cunt of this story. I’m sure he will apologise for misleading the forum in due course.

2 Likes

Is it not set on a rainy night in Soho

Yeah, the Dark Streets of London on a Tuesday Morning, near Rain Street.

On Christmas eve obviously. Sure it writes itself.

1 Like

No mate, I don’t know what would give you that impression. It’s about the Pogues, at least that’s what yer man from The Wire says

Don’t know where you’re getting that from mate.

@myboyblue - Why did you lie?

This one will run and run, (the debate over how much about the Pogues it is rather than the show)

Probably from the two articles. Are you a bit thick?

Huh? What debate? It’s as clear as day, I don’t know why this is even being questioned, it was an innocuous observation that a musical is being written about the Pogues. Some people have far too much time on their hands.