The Wire

It was very enjoyable and a few characters were great.

But nobody touches Omar.

And the depth of The Wire was unbelievable

2 Likes

Itā€™s on my list but time is the enemy.

Iā€™m not doubting its greatness - I just enjoyed the psychology behind the characters in the Sopranos.

I watch a season of either show every now and againā€¦ Watched season 2 of the Wire last month.

Fucking Ziggy

3 Likes

Ah ya, a few years ago my parents couldnā€™t get over the regularity of my Friday night visits. I realised there was a re-run of the wire on every Friday and they had whatever channel wS showing itšŸ˜‚

1 Like

Have any of you cunts watched Generation Kill???

Ziggy (The actor) is one of the lead characters - fantastic 8 part show.

Ya good show alright. Well told

The Sopranos is Gomorrah for slow learners.

2 Likes

The Sopranos is probably funnier and is more character driven. Great to rewatch for that reason.

The Wire tells the better stories by a distance, and has way more interesting plots. Harder to just watch a random episode for that reason, but easier to rewatch entire seasons.

3 Likes

The Wire is absolutely hilarious, it actually balances the inherent grimness of the stories theyā€™re telling with humour extremely well.

1 Like

Too nuanced and not slapstick enough for the likes of @anon61956325 - not enough tits and fanny jokes etc.

Thatā€™s it exactly - You can watch a one off episode of the Sopranos as I often do ā€” Thereā€™s too much going on in The Wire to just drop inā€¦ In saying that, thereā€™s some great drop in scenes ā€” Herc and Gus Trindos :rofl:

Season 5 of the wire is septic. 1-4 is a masterpiece.

Just pretend it never happened mate.

Weā€™re not great at pretending on this siteā€¦

Weā€™re unreal, unbelievable at it

1 Like

The Marlo and co-op Greek storyline is excellent in season five and just about saves it.

5 Likes

Quite the contary

1 Like

You wouldnā€™t believe how good the posters round here are at pretending!

As Omar often said - The Game is the Game.