The Wuhan Clan - Tony Holohan's Having a House Party

The Italians seem to be gone mental with fear altogether.

The lazy bastards are just looking for an excuse to go into lockdown.

They are using it as a great excuse to be racist anyway

24500 today. Rate of infection is slowing.

Given the upper limit of the incubation period seems to be around 14 days and Wuhan has been on lock down for over a week I suspect things will even off pretty quickly now.

A totalitarian State has its advantages.

Just painted the door there . Not taking any chances . This could be it .

On late Saturday evening (Feb. 1), Tencent, on its webpage titled “Epidemic Situation Tracker”, showed confirmed cases of novel coronavirus (2019nCoV) in China as standing at 154,023, 10 times the official figure at the time. It listed the number of suspected cases as 79,808, four times the official figure.

The number of cured cases was only 269, well below the official number that day of 300. Most ominously, the death toll listed was 24,589, vastly higher than the 300 officially listed that day.

Where’s your tinfoil hat?

The idea that a huge ($500 billion) Chinese company would deliberately publish data that directly contradicts Chinese government’s official data is frankly ridiculous. The official data may be bogus, but we will not hear that from the Chinese government or any Chinese company (they would be an ex-Chinese company the next day).

The WHO, who I believe are reliable, are looking for $675 million to address the global spread of this outbreak. That would suggest they do not believe this is under control or the rate of infection is slowing.

You put a cross on your door to keep the disease out?

$675m slight difference

3 Likes

A fella would want to be keeping shtum on the subject after a mistake like that

Their budget is $4bn a year. They are asking for an additional $675m over 3 months. Not even that big an increase really, considering everything

1 Like

You’d worry if he’s being wound up by hysterical US news channels

They’ve vowed they won’t get fooled again by a pandemic.

Those Dettol shares I invested in last week have rocketed in value.

1 Like

Reckitt Benckiser, based in the aptly named Slough.

This poor girl was left swinging in the wind by DFAT, cunts

I know one of the reps there, Chris Finch, sound lad.

1 Like