The Wuhan Clan - Tony Holohan's Having a House Party

The flatmate Iā€™d say

Thatā€™s the 15th

I had my daughter out earlier and there was noone out. Iā€™ve noticed parents are letting their kids out when they see other kids going in.

Iā€™m looking forward to getting back west and up the mountains

Is there any point at all when this kind of stupidity is rampant

1 Like

I went to high five my younger lad earlier (he managed to swallow a tablet for first time). Without flinching he gives me the elbow - the Irish education system is first class

2 Likes

A mate of mine who was in Cheltenham all week was texting me earlier about the mass hysteria and paranoia at home. Iā€™d say anyone over there for the week is completely detached from whatā€™s happened here in way that is impossible to understand. Being there is like being in a bubble, and the UK response makes things worse.

1 Like

The horsey crowd are always in a bubble.

1 Like

Weā€™re grand so.

1 Like

A big cunt shaped bubble. Lad from Racing Post on Matt Cooper tonight did himself no favours.

5 Likes

It presents a terrific opportunity to tell the children that Santaā€™s caught the bug and unless theyā€™re extremely good Christmas is a thing of the past.

4 Likes

Irish Liverpool fans on the tv saying they only regret going now because they lost. Just about sums it all up really.

3 Likes

I would imagine half the conversation over there was about how stupid everyone at home is for over reacting. So in the same way weā€™re convinced anyone who travelled is a nutter (sorry @Spidey and @AppleCrumbled), most people there will have convinced themselves that we are complete nutcases who are over dramatising a scenario.

The keyboard warriors on both sides are likely preparing for a hell of a war over the next week

It actually wasnā€™t Mac. I was speaking to a girl who had to stay as she exercising horses in the morning. She was out yesterday evening and said it was awful. She Said it felt awkward almost. A lot of people headed home and werenā€™t out after racing. I think it was only yesterday when things got bad.

2 Likes

Iā€™d love to think that what youā€™ve described is the majority but Iā€™d say itā€™s likely itā€™s the minority based on others I was talking to

think Kevin Blake and a few more put it up twitter Thursday evening they were leaving. As my friend jack put it - itā€™s like standing in the colosseum drinking as Rome burned.

Itā€™s a very contagious disease. It kills a fair whack of people even in western countries like Italy. Yer man on Radio was narcissistic - his convenience of not self isolating trumps other peopleā€™s lives.

Next time horse racing has a crisis and they will they can go and shite.

20 Likes

Both sides?

The public playground in whitegate is shutting down in the morning.

No way Iā€™m sending on a pic of a 29 yr old Danish girl who works out each day

5 Likes

I flew early Monday with little or no worries.

Felt a big change Wednesday night. Felt like the world was ending.

Was happy to be home yesterday morning.