The Wuhan Clan - Tony Holohan's Having a House Party

Civil unrest would probably be Putins downfall

People said that after the financial crisis.

With all this isolation and being cut off from the outside world I fear we are all about to become a nation of Ewan McKennas.

3 Likes

I thought the same until I read @Rockoā€™s post earlier

2 Likes

Squeaky bum time laptop has just detected a virus

2 Likes

Mental health is very important. Plenty of exercise and fresh air helps.

The price of oil is on the floor. Russia is goosed.

2 Likes

I will be offering guitar smashing tutoriols free of charge via skype to anyone in need of a new hobby. We must all do our bit

7 Likes

I might be a bit sceptical but is this how the next recession is been played out this time. No bank taking a tumble but world economy fecked due to a virus ? We were warned

Yes this is another element. I think he made a massive miscalculation last week. Perhaps this is wishful thinking, but I really do think thereā€™s a big chance this could be the absolute ruination of the Putin/Trump/Johnson-Brexiteers axis.

Putin is by some accounts the richest man in the world. Heā€™s apparently creamed off something like $160bn over the years and his cronies have creamed off more between them again. He genuinely fears death if heā€™s ever toppled and his schemes to stay in power have been getting more and more elaborate.

If the opposition find a voice through this crisis, they will lynch him, and you wouldnā€™t blame them.

That would be a jelly and ice cream day.

1 Like

Yeah it will all blow over eventually, as long as small business can re open and people dont end up homeless be grand

Sorry to hear about your mother in law, itā€™s a tough time but you just have to hold up as best you can for their sake and make their remaining time as comfortable as possible.

We have had many warnings on a deadly viral pandemic, bird flu, swine flu, MERS, SARS, and have dodged numerous bullets. A MERS type virus with the contagiousness of this new virus could wipe out half of humanity. If there is one good thing that can come out of this hopefully itā€™s to get to grips with how these viruses are being transmitted from animals to humans, and try and stop the practices that are enabling it. There needs to be a lot more research in this area and also in quickly detecting any jumps to humans and stopping them at source.

This is going to be a horribly painful recession, but hopefully will not be long lasting.

Bill Simmons had Malcolm Gladwell on his one discussing it, Iā€™m only half through but itā€™s a good listen.

1 Like

Iā€™ve said it before Iā€™m sure we work in the same placešŸ¤£

1 Like

I use to watch programmes like extreme couponing and doomsday preppers and think they are mad. But look who is having the last laugh.
I just feel for the elderly and infants. We may be able to fight the disease off they will not stand a chance

Did Gladwell say weā€™d reached the tipping point yet?

If I see your name on poster on the wall on Monday in two weeks itā€™s guaranteed! I spent my half day off crisis managing so hope youā€™re all good!

More US focussed but he was more towards the glass being half-full, with them running to catch-up now